15. He Needs This

Roxy POV

The next six weeks flew by in a complete blur, at the ppv I had beaten Becky to become the new Raw Women's Champion. Unfortunately Damian hadn't been so lucky, interference from Dolph and Roode had caused him to snap and lose the match.

Very quickly things had become quite busy for me, I was here, there and everywhere and it was somewhat of a whirlwind. I was all to aware that we had barely seen each other and it hadn't gone unnoticed that Damian had begun pulling away from me. I was on my to arena for Raw and he was going to be there too so I was hoping it would give us a chance to talk and sort things out.

On the other side of things although Eva had been back for two weeks she had not lived up to her word, she had stayed away from me and Damian and hadn't caused any trouble which just made me even more suspicious of her.

Damian POV

Tonight was Raw and I had a match with Roode but to be honest my heart just wasn't in it. All I could think about was Roxy and everything that was happening to her right now. She was sky rocketing while I was still down here on the ground.

Sure I was a little jealous, I had wanted that title so badly but more than that I was worried that all this time apart would result in me losing her completely. I mean I wasn't on her level right now, she was on a path that I wasn't sure I would ever be able to follow and I was sure she'd realise soon enough that she could do better.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Eva asks sitting on the crate next to me

"Go away Eva I am not in the mood" I say not looking at her

"Look I'm sorry about before, it was wrong of me to do what I did" she says "I can see that you and Roxy are happy together"

"Yeah happy" I chuckle "if only that were true"

"Look I know we're not friends or anything but you can talk to me" she says "I'm a good listener"

For a moment a just look at my hands and then I take a deep breath and against my better judgement I start spilling whats bothering me, it's like I have verbal diarrhea it just won't stop.

"I'm just worried that I'm going to lose her you know" I sigh "and I love her so damn much"

When I finish talking she places her hand gently on top of mine and for some reason I don't move it.

"You said it yourself she is on a road you can't follow right now" she says "I don't want to upset you further but do think maybe she has stayed with you becuase she feels sorry for you?"

"She would never do that, not my Roxy" I say shaking my head "she's alot of things but she is not cruel"

"But is she still your Roxy though?" She asks "think about it when did you last see her? And how were things between you?"

"About two weeks ago, and things were kind of awkward" I say "it was almost like she felt obliged to spend time with me"

"And there you have it pity" she says "you deserve better Damian, if you want to stay with her fine but you do deserve better"

As Eva slides herself of the crate and walks away I can't help but wonder if maybe she was right, if maybe she wasn't my Roxy anymore.

Roxy POV

Entering the backstage area I spotted Damian straight away sitting on a crate looking at his hands. I couldn't see his face properly but I could tell he was upset.

I walk up to him quickly and wrap my arms around him but he barely hugs me back.

"Hey I've missed you" I say "are you alright?"

"Have you?" He says looking at me "and no I'm not alright, not really"

"What is it?" I ask and he looks away "baby how can we sort things if you won't talk to me"

"You call me baby but are you still mine?" He asks

"Of course I am and I always will be" I say "I love you"

"I don't feel like you are anymore" he says "we are on such different paths right now and I feel like I'm losing you"

Looking at Damian and the pain that is evident in his eyes, it's pretty clear what I need to do, the only thing I can do to save us becuase I refuse to lose him.

"I promise you, you are not losing me" I say "I have a couple of things that I need to do, will you wait here for me?" I ask and he nods, I place a brief kiss on his lips and then rush off to do what I need to do.

I head straight for the locker room and find Liv getting ready for her match.

"Hey Liv, I need your help do you have the thing I left with you a couple of weeks ago?" I ask and she smiles

"Sure it's right here" she says handing it to "wait are you doing this now?"

"I have to he needs this" I say "there's just one other thing I need to do first"

Damian POV

As I sit waiting for Roxy to come back I have no idea why I was even doing this, obviously whatever she had to do was more important than me, once again I had taken a back seat to everything else in her life.

I hear footsteps and when I look up I see Roxy walking towards me, she's smiling but the first thing I notice is that she doesn't have her belt with her, maybe she left it with Liv.

"Hey can we go somewhere more private to talk?" She asks and I nod before following her to one of the vacant meeting rooms. "I know things have been hectic and we have barely seen each other, and I know you're not happy, but tell me something do you still love me?" She asks

"Of course I do, I love you more than anything that will never change" he says "but I'm just not sure that....."

"Marry me?" She says cutting me off and I look at her

"What?" I ask

"Will you marry me?" She asks again "I know it's only been a couple of months but I know what I want and that's you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I......"

"No" I say cutting her off "my god I can't believe I'm saying this but  Eva is right, you stayed with me becuase you feel sorry for me, your doing this out of pity"

"That's not true and what the hell has Eva got to do with anything?" She asks

"We were talking earlier, I confided in her" I say "I can't believe you would propose to me out of pity"

"You talked to Eva about us? About our relationship when you hadn't even talked to me?" She says visibly upset "how could you?"

"How could I? How can I talk to you when I never see you? Its not like we can discuss it over the phone is it" I say walking towards the door "you what hurts the most Roxy? If you had asked for the right reasons I would have said yes, becuase it's what I wanted too" I say before leaving the room.

Roxy POV

As the door slams shut I open my hand and look down at the silver  band that I and been holding, that should be on his finger right now.
As I stare at it I feel my heart shatter not only becuase I had lost the most important person in my life but becuase in trying to save what we had I had made a decision that I now regretted and I couldn't take it back.
I had given up everything for some one who no longer wanted me.