19. Face To Face

Roxy POV

When I had suggested to Damian that he come and visit me he had been so excited at the idea, I could literally hear the smile in his voice. Truth be told I had also been looking forward to seeing him that was until now. Now I was nervously pacing the kitchen, trying not to throw up and keeping an eye for his car all art the same time.

Nervous didn't cover it, today I had to face the two things I'd been ignoring one of which could possibly make him run away. Out of the corner of my eye I see a car pull up outside and then my stomach churns and I find myself running to the bathroom.

After parting with what little I'd had to eat this morning, I cleaned myself up and walked back through to the kitchen only to find that my sister had let him in.

"I'll leave you two to it" she says leaving the room

"Wow mi chica" he says walking towards me "you look terrible"

"Thanks it's nice to see you too" I chuckle

"I'm sorry that could have come out better" he smiles "can I...can I give you a hug?" He asks

"Sure of course" I say opening my arms and without a moments hesitation he wraps me up in his own

"Now I understand why you wouldn't let me video call you" he says rubbing my back "are you sick? Is that why you're not coming back?" He asks stepping back to look at me with a worried expression on his face

"No I'm not sick" I say "we'll get to that soon there's something else we need to talk about first" I say motioning for him to take a seat

"Alright what is it?" He asks sitting down

"I lied to you about why I left becuase the real reason hurt so much and I just wanted to pretend it hadn't happened" I say and he takes his hands in mine

"Why did you leave mi chica?" He asks

"I left becuase I saw Eva leaving your room and she told me that the two of you had slept together" I say "I was hurt especially after we'd.......I just couldn't face you"

"Roxy she was lying I swear" he says "yes she was in my room, yes she made a move but I kicked her straight out of there, I realised what an idiot I had been and that that had been her plan the whole time, she played me, she played both of us"

"You promise me that she lied" I say and he nods "I can get passed you confiding in her but that I can't forgive"

"I promise you she was lying, you are the only one I slept with that night" he says "I'm sorry that I talked to her instead of you I never should have done that, I'm sorry I ever doubted why you were with me, and most of all I wish I had said yes that day instead of no becuase I love you Roxy, I love you so much"

"Apology accepted but now we have something more important to talk about" I say "like I said I'm not sick, the reason I'm not coming back is becuase I'm pregnant"

"Pr....pregnant" he stammers "you mean that night.....we......made a baby" he asks

"Yeah we did" I say "I know it wasn't the best way for this to have happened but I want this baby Damian"

"Mi chica I don't know if I can be some one's father........"

"You don't have to be involved if you don't want to" I say "I understand but....."

"You didn't let me finish" he says crouching in front of me and holding my hands "I don't know if I can be some one's father but I'm damn sure going to try. I'm going to be there every step of the way for you and our baby"

"You mean that?" I ask as tears fall down my cheeks "you want to be a part of this?"

"Of course I do" he says "mi chica I need to know, what does this mean for us?"

"I don't know" I say "I haven't thought about it"

"Do you love me still?" He asks his brown eyes looking into mine

"Yes of course I do but......."

"Then let's give it one last try" he says "we'll take it slow, take it a day at a time"

"I'd like that" I say and the most beautiful smile crosses his face

"Thank you" he says rasing my hands to his lips and kissing them "now I know why you gave up the belt"

"Oh no that's not why I gave it up, I gave it up before we slept together if you remember" I says

"Of course" he says shaking his head "so why did you give it up"

"I thought I was losing you and I realised that I would rather lose the belt then lose you" I say "I had a choice to make and I chose you, I would have always chosen you"

"But I thought being champion meant everything to you?" He asks

"It did but that was before I had something or should I say some one in my life that meant more" I smile

Damian takes my face in his hands and presses his lips against mine in a loving lingering kiss. But the kiss is all to brief as it's interrupted my my stomach churning again, placing my hands on his chest I push him away from me.

"What is it? What did I do?" He asks and all I can do is shake my head before running over to the kitchen sink. Damian is by my side in seconds holding my hair back and rubbing my back.

"Was the kiss that bad?" He chuckles as I clean myself up

"No I'm sorry it's this damn morning sickness" I sigh "its constant and I'm so tired"

"Ok I want you to go get into bed and try and get some sleep" he says tucking my hair behind my ear "and I'm going to go to the pharmacy and see if I can get you something to help with the sickness"

Damian lifts me up in his arms and I direct him to my room, he lays me down gently on the bed before pulling the covers over me and kissing my forehead.

"I'll be right back" he says "try and sleep"

I watch him leave the room before slowly closing my eyes, it was early days but I felt good about how things were between us, maybe for us it would be third time lucky.