22. Down To You

Roxy POV

Lying in my hospital bed hook up to all these tubes that were giving my baby everything I couldn't all I could think of was that I had failed. I was not yet a mother to this child but had already failed them, I couldn't give them what they needed and if couldn't do that now what the hell was I going to do when they arrived.

Turning my head I see my sister sleeping in the chair beside my bed, she had been kidding when she said she was going to leave me, reaching out I give her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Josie, wake up" I say "have you really been hear all night"

"Huh, oh yeah I promised I would leave" she says

"Promised who?" I ask a little confused when she had told me she wasn't leaving the word promise never came into it.

"You, I promised you" she says "while you were sleeping"

"Oh right" I say as a nurse comes in with breakfast.

"I've brought you some porridge" she says "you should be able to swallow this no problem"

"Swallowing isn't the problem" I sigh "it's keeping it down"

She gives me a sympathetic smile before placing the bowl on the table in front of me and leaving.

"I can't stay in here for three weeks I'll go mad" I say pulling the table towards me "there are only so many of those looks I can take"

"Just remember you're doing this for mini D" she smiles

"Speaking of he's going to be so upset I missed his match" I say taking a mouthful of porridge "ugh this tastes like shit"

"He won't be upset trust me, and your going to have to preserve with it you need to eat and it's all you've got" she says looking at her phone "I have to nip out for a bit I'll be right back"

As I watch her leave I can't help but wonder what she is up to.

Damian POV

Rushing through the hospital doors I immediately see Josie walking towards me, she spots me and rushes over to me greeting me with a hug.

"Hey how was your flight?" She asks

"It was good, how is she?" I ask "how are they both doing?"

"Well she is currently trying to force down some porridge that apparently tastes like shit, and she wants to go home" she chuckles "aside from that they are both doing ok"

"Well then lead the way I'm dying to see her" I say and as she looks round me her face falls.

"She's on the maternity ward, first room on the right" she says "I'm going to head home and pack her some things, you may want to deal with them first" she says and turn round to see Linda and Clive walking towards us.

"What do you mean deal with them?" I ask "what don't I know?"

"Well mom and dad don't know she's pregnant yet" she says "she made me tell them it was a stomach bug, I don't think she expected them to turn up"

"What the hell am I supposed to say?" I ask "it's good to see you and but the way your daughter is in hospital becuase I got wasted and knocked her up?"

"I wouldn't put it quite like that" she says "Roxy also doesn't know that you were coming" she says before making a swift exit

"Wait....come back here.....Josie" I call after her but she just keeps walking.

Before I have chance to think Linda wraps me up in a hug.

"Damain it's so good to see you" she says letting go of me.

"It's good to see you both too" I say shaking her dad's hand "listen can we talk before we head up to see her"

"I knew it, just knew this wasn't a bug" she says "It's serious isn't it?"

"Not exactly" I say "it's not a bug, you see Roxy is suffering with hyperemesis gravidarum"

"But you only get that when.......oh my god she's pregnant" she gasps

"But why would they lie to us?" Her dad asks

"That I can't answer im afraid" I say "if it helps she knew for two weeks before she told me.

"I want to see her" she says "can you take us to her?"

"Yeah of course follow me" I say "best let me go in first though she's not expecting any of us"

Her parents follow me up to the ward and when we get to her room I turn to face them.

"Alright, I'll go in let her know you are here" I say "just give me a couple of minutes" they nod and I open the door and go in the room.

As I walk in Roxy looks up and the biggest brightest smile crosses her face as she hold out her arms to me.

"Baby what are you doing here?" She asks as I wrap my arms gently around her "I'm so sorry I missed your match"

"I'm here becuase I wanted to be with you mi amor" I say "and don't worry about my match it wasn't important"

"Oh I've been upgraded" she smiles "At least tell me if you got your shot?" She says running her finger tips over my chest where my shirt is open

"You've always been mi amor" I smile "and yes I did, now how are you feeling?"

"Better now you're here" she smirks before pulling me down and pressing her lips against mine, as I kiss her back I feel her hands slide inside my shirt and I pull back from her.

"Mi chica, we can't you're attached to a drip and feeding tube" I say and she smiles.

"We can be careful" she says "I've missed you in more ways than one".

"I've missed you too but you need to get well" I say "use it as motivation, the sooner you get better the sooner you get home and you can have your wicked way with me"

"And what if I don't want to wait that long?" She asks running her hand down the side of my face

"mi amor, nada me gustaría más que hacerte el amor pero tus padres están justo afuera de la puerta (my love, I would love nothing more than to make love to you but your parents are right outside the door)" I say and her face falls

"Damian, they don't know about...."

"It's alright I've told them about our little one" I say "they want to see you, and I'm going to be right here with you, it'll be alright"

"I love you" she says "I'm so glad you're here"

"I love you too, and I wouldn't be anywhere else" I say "now let's do this and then we can focus on getting you out of here"