28. Nightmare

Roxy POV

The day after Damian made the announcement even though we were apart we both woke up to the same perfect nightmare. It turned out he hadn't been as quick to remove the comment as he thought and some fans had seen it and even took screen shots. The shit storm that followed was unbearable, there was speculation over who the real father could be, if we would split up and some were even taking bets on who it was.

The speculation included a wide range of men from Randy Orton, to Adam Cole, even Riddle which the most ludicrous suggestion since he was my cousin although no one knew that.
All of this had hurt Damian far more than he was letting on, since he'd been home he'd been quieter than normal, less affectionate and at times wouldn't even look at me.

We were still sharing a bed but it felt like there was whole continent between us even though we were inches apart. He had got up the second his phone rang this morning and so far hadn't come back in the room.

Deciding to go look for him, I find him in the kitchen looking out of the window, he looks tired and upset. Walking over I place my hands on his arms and place a soft kiss on his back.

"Are you coming back to bed?" I ask resting my head against his back

"Stephanie's on her way here" he says shrugging me off "we better get dressed"

"I'm doing nothing until you talk to me" I say "we can't go on like this, I know that you know in your heart that she is yours"

"It's difficult to believe when some one says they have proof she's not" he sighs "so before Stephanie gets here is there anything I need to know?"

"No nothing I swear" I say hardly believing that once again  that bitch had him doubting me "there was no one else, there is no one else and there will never be anyone else, it's you and it has always been you, this baby, my daughter, our daughter, is yours"

"I hope so Rox, becuase finding out she's not would break me" he says tears filling his eyes "I want this baby so much I don't think I could handle her being taken away from me" he says sitting down on a kitchen chair.

Before I can say anything there is knock at the door, when I open it I find Stephanie standing there and she gives me a sympathetic smile as I let her in. She looks at Damian and then at me before sighing heavily.

"Please tell me you are not fighting over this" she says "you two need to stick together on this"

"Not fighting he's just doubting me again becuase of her" I say "he says someone has proof she's not his" I say running a hand over my bump.

"Ok let me fill you in, after this all kicked off I released Eva" she says taking a seat "I was not about to stand for her causing this kind of shit storm, happily married men have been dragged into this and its not fair. Anyway she is trying to sue for unfair dismissal and is claiming to be able to prove her claims aren't false"

"But thats impossible, there is no way she has anything becuase this is Damian's baby" I say "is there anyway to make this all go away"

"I've spoken to our lawyers and there is only one way to put an end to this" she says "we need to produce proof that Damian is the father, which means a dna test"

"Oh hell no" I snap "I'm sorry but I am not playing her stupid games anymore, why should I have to prove anything"

"Roxy refusing will not look good" she says "it will go in her favour"

"She's right Rox" Damian says "I mean what possible reason could you have to refuse? If she's mine whats the problem?"

"Damian your not helping" Stephanie says "stress is the last thing she needs, it could push her to an early labour, do you really believe that Rox would lie to you about the baby being yours? Becuase I dont"

"In my heart of hearts no of course not" he sighs "but she says she has proof"

"Two words Damian" she sighs "match footage. Ring any bells? Whatever she "has" I'm willing to bet its fake"

"And they could just as easily claim that our dna proof is fake" I say "then what?"

"The facility that will do the test has been appointed by the judge" she says "he has requested the results go straight to him so that they can't claim they've tampered with"

"Alright fine I'll do it" I sigh turning to Damian "but I need to know that you're with me on this, that you trust me, please don't let her tear us apart again, I don't think I can handle losing you again"

Damian looks at me and his face slowly falls, I can see all the hurt, the sadness, the guilt written over his face as he walks towards me. He wraps his arms around me gently and I rest my head against his chest.

"I'm sorry mi amor" he says softly "I just keep letting you down don't I. It was wrong of me to ever doubt that princesa was mine, I know she is of course I do and I will be right by your side through all of this, I'm going nowhere, you will never lose me, the question is can you forgive me?"

"Yes I can, and you've never let me down" I say looking up at him "lets get rid of her once and for all"

"What do we need to do?" Damian asks turning to look at Stephanie.

"You need to go to this clinic at the date and time on this letter" she says pushing an envelope towards us "they will do a simple blood test and then we wait"

"And Eva?" I ask "what happens with her?"

"Oh by the time I'm done there won't be a single promotion that will touch her" she smirks "you won't be seeing her again"