An unsuccessful arrest

Everyone got terrified a little after Chases' words as they thought that he'll fight with Zuma again. Skye momentally took his left paw in her grasp, like begging him to not go. Marshall looked worriedly at his brother and then at his medkit as well. Chase also looked at everyone, realizing their thoughts.

Chase: Don't worry. It's not about fighting with him again.

Skye: Still, be careful out there. I don't want to see you with broken ribs or worse.

Chase: I will. Marshall should save medkit resources to heal others.

Marshall: Yep and that's why I beg about the same, OK?

Chase: Alright.

Chase then got up from his beanbag and walked to other side of room where Zuma was being. As soon as he spotted Chase, he started growling at him, still thinking that it's all of his fault. Chase still remained calm, because he knew one fact: the law was on his side. And now he was about to show it for Zuma. So he confidently got very close to Labrador.

Zuma: Sooo, wanna have more wounds on your fur? So Skye would give you some comfort cuddles?

Chase: Nope, dude! I came with one good friend, and name of it is law!

Zuma: Law?? Hahahahahaha!! 

Chase: Yep. You attacked police officer, which is against the law! And now, I have all rights to arrest you!

Zuma: Oh really?!

Chase: Of course!

Zuma: You're gonna regret for your words.

Zuma pounced on Chase as he was expecting that move and dodged the attack. Then he suddenly jumped on Zuma and pinned him down. Zuma tried to escape, but Chase took Zumas' right front paw and twisted it, making him wince in pain, but also laugh a little.

Chase: Lay still! 

Zuma: See? I provokated you to use your force, when your life wasn't in danger! (laughs)

Chase: But you still hit me in previous fight, so my life was in danger!

Zuma: It doesn't matter. As soon as our friends will see this, they won't trust you anymore.

Chase: We will see about that.

The Police pup took his handcuffs and locked them in Zumas' front paws, then he let him stand up and led him to his friends. A view of Zuma with handcuffs and Chase walking behind him made everyone gasp: did Chase lied to them about force usage? 

Chase: Calm down everyone! Zuma attacked me in previous fight, so I had all rights to arrest him.

Rubble: Well, if we will attack you, you'll arrest us as well, right?

This quiestion caught Chase completely off guard, Rubble was right: even if Zuma attacked him and his life was in risk, he was their friend. Only now Chase realized that by this arrest, he caused everyone to loss their trust on him.

Rubble: Looks like you didn't hear me as I said that Zuma is still our friend. You wanted to make sure that only you will be safe!

Chase: Who knows what Zuma could do if I didn't go to him.

Gasket: But still you showed that your life is more important for you that ours!

Chase hung his head down as he knew that Gasket was right. To fix things, he sighed and uncuffed Zuma who came in the middle of the room and smiled.

Zuma: So, maybe your mind has been changed and we need to kick Chase out, so protestants will leave us in peace?

Marshall: Yeah, maybe it will help.

Everest: I agree.

Hubcap: That'd be correct.

As everyone were joining Zumas' opinion, Chases' eyes were going wider. Zuma actually did it: he made his friends lost trust on german shepherd. But the most heartbraking moment for him was this.

Skye: I think we should really kick Chase out. Who knows, maybe he'll arrest his girlfriend, I mean myself for friendly pounce.

After all of this conversation, Chase silently came to Ryder and took off his uniform, including pup-tag. Not looking at his owner he whimpered his last words.

Chase: It was a honour to be a part of your team. And I'm sorry.

Not looking at everyone, he made his way back to elevator and went down to the Lookout basement, where he found secret exit and left not only Lookout, but also Adventure Bay.

Ohhhh crap!! What a twist!! Hope you'll like it! Little info! Check for annoucements in my profile, todays' one will be about this book. See you soon and Merry Christmas!!