Forgive and forget

The next day after pups finally met Ryder, they were visiting him again after helping with cleaning up the mess from protestants. Farmers Yumi and Al, mayor Goodway and Captain Trubot forgave pups as well, but also said that they could change their mind if Chase won'r survive. Gladly, there wasn't any threat of that. 

Ryder: Pups, can you stay here? I need to check something.

Marshall: Sure!

Zuma: You got it!

Ryder smiled and got up from his bed, walking to the door of his room. Then the boy turned left and went to Chases'  medical room to check on him as well. He still remembered that he's also guilty for this and every 3 hours, he was checking on his pup, the doctors allowed the boy to walk around and exit his room, so there wasn't any problems. When Ryder entered Chases' room, the pup was laying peacefully in bed as suddenly his eyelids started twitching and Chase with groan opened his eyes.

Chase: Ughh, what happened? Why I feel so weak?

Then he started looking around and saw a very familiar face. Ryder also became speechless as he saw his pup woke up and closed his mouth by his hands.

Chase: Ryder? 

Ryder: Chase... oh God.

They hugged each other so tight as tears came out from their eyes, they couldn't say any words as their sobs were getting heavier. 

Ryder (sobbing): I'm so sorry. So sorry Chase.

Chase (sobbing): For what?

Ryder (sobbing): For letting this mess go through us. I didn't d-do a-anthing t-t-to stop it. I l-let you kicked out.

Chase started crying after this but not from words which his owner said to him. He hated to see Ryder so vulnerable. And the boy felt it so he hugged Chase tighter.

Ryder (sobbing): No. It wasn't any of your fault. Forgive me, p-p-please.

Chase couldn't say anything, he just kept crying and Ryder just tried to calm down - he knew that it was too much for his pup, even if he was the strongest one. But little did he knew, pups also watched this and were barely holding their tears. Skye then walked up to Chase and kissed his cheek, nuzzling him afterwards.

Marshall: Forgive us Chase.

Zuma: We're truly sorry.

The words from other pups caused Ryder and Chase to stop crying and release each other from hug. Then Ryder backed away so pups could get closer to their friend as Skye kept nuzzling Chase.

Chase: I missed all of you. And glad that you managed to realize your mistake.

All pups, including Skye hung their head in shame as the German Shepherd looked at everyone with little sorrow. Then he took a deep breath and smiled.

Chase: Forgive and forget.

Then all pups and Ryder hugged Chase.

Hooo yeah! 2 more chapters and this book is over!! See you soon and stay safe <3