Rough truth

While pups were focused on saving Chase, the rest of group with Everest were sitting in waiting room as doctors and Marshall were checking Ryder to see chances of his survive. They were waiting for 35 minutes straight as door of Ryders' room opened and doctor came out with Marshall alongside. The Dalmatian had a small smile as doctors' face was filled with worry.

Doctor: Well, me and Marshall did our best to save your friend.

Mayor Goodway: And?

Marshall: It went good. He'll live.

Doctor: Yep!

Everest pounced on Marshall wrapping him in a tight hug as Farmer Al shaked doctors' hand, so did other humen. But this moment of happiness was interrupted by Jake, who entered the hospital to Everests' fear. Marshall stood in front of her, growling intensively at traitor.

Captain Turbot: What do you want?!

Jake: Guys... Chase is dead.

Everyone: What?!!

Jake: I saw it as pups tried to save him, he lost a lot of blood. *starts crying* I'm sorry!! 

Marshall also couldn't hold his tears as he heard that so Everest pulled him into hug once again. But she was still looking at her owner angrily. Jake also looked at husky and noticed that anger in her eyes.

Jake (crying): Everest, I... I really didn't know that it'll comes out like this.

Everest: I don't think I'll forgive you in nearest future.

Jake (crying): I know... so don't come back to my cabin. 

Everest: Alright.

Mayor Goodway: Jake, just for reference. Do you confirm your gulity?

Jake (stops crying): Yes.

Mayor Goodway: Ok, I'll see what punishment we can give you.

Jake nodded and walked away as the group heard engine sounds, which were getting louder and louder. Then braking sounds appeared and pups with Chase on Zumas' back arrived. Doctor, who was watching scene with Jake quickly ran up to pups and took Chase.

Doctor: Oh Christ!! Huge wound! Operational, now!!

He ran to surgery room as pups looked at their wounded friend in worry.

Marshall (sobs): Guys, why? Jake told us that Chase is dead.

Zuma: It's the least thing we could do.

Everest then released Marshall from hug and walked to Skye, who accepted the hug from her best friend and started sobbing in her shoulder. Farmer Yumi and Mayor Goodway kneeled to pet pups for comfort, but really didn't know what to say to cheer them up.

Captain Turbot: I'm afraid you'll have a really tough talk with Ryder.

Gasket: And with Chase too, if he survives... I really thought during our rivalry that Paw Patrol is a team, which works a one team and family. But looks like I wasn't right.

Zuma: Yeah, you wasn't.

Gasket: Pfff, you really gonna accept this truth??

Rubble: Like we have other choice!!

Dwayne: Rubble, calm down.

Such reaction from Gaskets' words made pups' friends feel disappointed at them, so they decided to leave them alone as a little punishment.

Tracker: I'd better go to check on Carlos, later amigos.

Farmer: And we should also start cleaning our farm from mess after protestants.

Everyone walked away for their own things, including Ruff-Ruff pack as pups stayed in hospital all alone.

Rocky: So that's how rough truth feels like. The truth, which we need to accept.

But nobody answered him as pups were too tried after such an tragic mission, so they fell asleep, sobbing in dreams.

CHAPTER DONE!! Such mental and rough chapter, hope you will like it! See you soon and stay safe <3