Five: Birthday boy (edited)

October, 28, 2005.

Today was Spencer's birthday, but the only problem was I didn't know what to get him.

I know he likes books and loves to read but he probably already has every single book in the world. He also likes chess but I can't just get him a chess board, he already has like seven.

I'm screwed.

And we literally talk every single day on the car ride to and from the office.

So when I woke up this morning I was sure that everyone else had a birthday present for him and I had nothing.

But then a book on my book shelf caught my eye, now I've seen Spencer's apartment before at movie nights because I haven't seen Star Trek before so he forced me to see them with him. He's also been to my apartment for a movie night because well, I asked him and he agreed. Anyways, when he was over, he was looking at my book shelf and at first I thought he was just curious, but he only was looking at a book for a while. It was an original copy of War and Peace and it was in mint condition.

One of my friends from the group home gave me it, can't remember her name but she was nice for giving me the book.

So I wrapped it up in purple wrapping paper and put a purple bow on it to be extra.

Then I put it in my bag and went to go pick up Spencer.

When arriving, Spencer ran out and hopped in the passenger seat.

"Happy birthday Spence!" I screamed, he jumped a little at me yelled but smiled and said his thanks.

It was a quiet car ride but when we arrived to the Bau it was nothing but.

Garcia being Garcia, decorated Spencer's desk and strung a banner with his name on it. Everyone on the team screamed in unison,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPENCER!" he jumped again at how loud it was, they all rushed over to greet him.

"Thanks you guys." Spencer said smiling while looking at his desk.

"Come on birthday boy, let's eat some cake." Garcia asked and everyone nodded.

We gathered around his desk for him to blow out his candles, but they were trick candles and they never blew out.

"There trick candles." Derek told him. JJ pulled them out of his cake to cut his cake.

While eating, Gideon and Hotch were talking to one another. Then Spencer walked over to them.

JJ and I were cutting his cake when I called him over again to tell him.

"Hey Spence, come get some of your cake already." I yelled to him, he nodded and told Gideon something before he walked over and thanked me.

"So, when are we doing presents?" Garcia asked, I nodded in agreement. Garcia ran to her bat cave to get her present for him, JJ, Morgan and Elle put theres on his desk and I grabbed my present from my bag.

When Garcia returned, Spencer was just about to open my gift when she screamed, "Open my gift first!" we all chuckled and let her go first.

He unwrapped it and got a dozen Mitch match socks in a box. He grinned and thanked Garcia, next he opened Derek's to see a book on "how to pickup a lady" Spencer rolled his eyes and Derek just laughed, Next he opened JJ's present which was a nice purple cardigan. He thanked her and opened Elle's to see some ties with all different colors. He chuckled and thanked her as well before he opened my gift.

He gasped "No this was yours I can't take this." I smiled and replied "Spence I new you were staring at it on my bookshelf and I haven't read it in years so take it." He smiled and thanked me A dozen times before Hotch told us we have a case.

A:n sorry this is a short chapter :(