Fifty: working on it

February 11, 2007

I was woken up by a squeezing sensation.

I slowly open my eyes to see that my head is resting on the hospital bed and a tired Spencer looking at me. He smiled sadly as I teared up again.

"Spencer, why didn't you tell me?" I asked softly. He looked away.

"I-I thought I'd scare you away." He admitted, I squeezed his hand back.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, you can't scare me. At least not for Halloween but I could never be mad, upset or never not love you. That's just how things are." I told him. His smile could be blinding.

"I definitely would be able to you scare you on Halloween." He said jokingly. I giggled.

"But, I could never be mad, upset or never not love you too." He replied softly. I chuckled and leaned up to kiss his lips.

"Good to know, cause it would be weird if ya didn't." I whispered. He huffed while smiling, but his smile quickly faded.

"Does anyone else know?" He asked.

"Only Hotch. He said he wasn't gonna get the team or Strauss involved. But we're gonna get you some help too, we're gonna take the next two weeks off because more than likely withdrawal will happen." I  told him. He nodded but frowned.

"I'm gonna be there with you, you're not alone." I told him again. He smiled sadly and nodded again.

Time skip

February 20, 2007

It's been about a week and things haven't been great. I knew things weren't gonna be great but I still was going to be there for my boyfriend.

He is going through withdrawal symptoms like, mood swings, always hot or cold, having goosebumps, and has a runny nose as if he's cold. But I'm helping him.

Before we came home from the hospital, I went out to grab lots of snacks and Gatorade. Spencer sometimes got angry with me, but he immediately apologized afterwards.

The withdrawal symptoms only lasted about a week, but I wanted to get Spencer some help before he goes back to work. He resisted at first, but then agreed to go to a meeting.

I drove him, he asked me and I happily agreed. He thanked me profusely but I knew he would have done the same thing.

So here I was, sitting in a church parking lot waiting for Spencer to come back out. He wanted me to come in, but that's something he needs to do by himself.

After a good two hours, he came back out. I smiled at the site of him. Overall he looked generally happier. I'm glad I helped.

"So, how was it?" I asked as he buckled in.

"Good, different, but I think it helped." He told me. I smiled at that.

"Wanna go get lunch?" I questioned. He nodded excitedly as I drove off.

We had a normal Conversation as we arrived at Bellerose's Books and Brews. Spencer and I had been going to that place more often. We made friends with the family and we are used to come regularly, until around November. We've been busy so we couldn't go.

When we opened the door, we were happily greeted by the daughter of the owner, Sadie. She smiled and walked towards us.

"Y/n! Spencer! Nice to see you guys again! How have y'all been?" She asked. I smiled at how sweet she is as Spencer looked around.

"Good! We've been A lot busy lately, so that's why we haven't been here in awhile." I told her. She nodded and smiled while writing down our orders. Every single time we came, we always ordered the same thing.

"Well, I'll be out in a minute. Go ahead and grab some seats while you wait." She said and left the front. We took our normal seats as we waited. 

Time skip

February 26, 2007

Spencer and I were coming back to work for the first day. I was a little nervous but excited since I haven't seen my friends in over two weeks.

I decided to wear a cute baby pink turtleneck and white jeans. I was risking it all today with the white jeans but I had extras just in case. I did my hair and brushed my teeth as Spencer was changing.

I kept the door open slightly so I could hear everything just in case he was hiding something. I really wanted to trust Spencer, I really did, but he was lying to me while using and I'll have to keep an eye on him for a little bit.

I did everything else I needed to do before heading out of the bathroom. I notice Spencer wasn't in the room anymore. I panicked.

Way to go 'so I could hear everything'

I walked out quickly to the living room and saw him sprawled out on the couch, reading a book. I smiled and walked over, resting my hip on the couch armrest.

"Ready?" I asked after a little bit. He looked up and smiled while nodding. I got up and walked over to the front door.

I felt a hand on my waste as I looked over my shoulder. Spencer was smiling like an idiot. I grinned and we walked side by side to my car.

I realized something

This is the man I wanna grow old with. He was every thing to me. I hope he knows that before something happens. But it feels like nothing could get worse with Spencer around.

He's ruined me for other men, and that's a fact.

An: Hello! I'm gonna shorten the story a little bit. Probably gonna end up being ten chapters left, but I've loved this so far and will be writing another story as we speak! Love y'all, bye! 🐸