Fifty-two: lady day

May 7, 2007

I was at my desk, working on paper work when I felt my phone buzz. I looked down to see Penelope had texted me.

🦄💖pen💖🦄: meet me at my bat cave! ASAP!

Me: sure

I smiled to myself as I got up and rushed down the hall. I knocked and opened the door, seeing Penelope whirl around in a chair towards me.

"Finally." she said and got up while walking towards me.

"Well hello to you too." I told her sarcastically. She smiled and grabbed her purse.

"The ladies are going out for lunch! Girl gossip!" She cheered and dragged me out the door. I didn't have any other choice but to follow her. We passed the bull pen entrance as the rest of the gang appeared.

"I'm gonna go tell Hotch and we can head out." Pen said as she was walking to Hotch. I nodded and smiled at the rest.

"I'm just sad I can't spend lunch with Spence." I told them. They nodded in understanding as we waited. I thought of that idea and quickly walked over to spencers desk. He was in the bathroom.

I wrote down a note telling him I was out. I felt like drawing a smiley face on the sticky note as I walked back. The girlies smiled as Penelope came back and we could leave.

"So, where to?" Emily asked.

"Well, we got about an hour so we have to make it quick." Pen answered. Ever since I started working here, I wondered why we had such a long lunch break. Never figured it out.

"What about Applebee's?" I question. I saw nods in agreement as we hopped in Penelope's car. After the five minute drive, we parked and headed in.

"Anything new with anyone?" JJ asked. Penelope accidentally spoke up.

"I went on a coffee date with a guy." She told us. I smiled brightly as I heard the news. I heard Emily squeal as JJ giggled.

"What's he like!" I yelled quietly at her.

"Well, he's handsome, tall, gorgeous sea blue eyes and very, very muscular. He's the hole package!" She said excitingly. I chuckled a little.

"Good for you!" I told her while smacking her arm lightly. She blushed while giggling as the girls congratulated her.

"Well, what 'bout that boy, LaMontagne? Right? You've been talking to him." I asked. JJ immediately blushed, but I saw Emily slightly jealous. But it quickly went away as she saw JJ's face. She was smiling sheepishly.

"He's, ok. But I don't like long distant." She told us. I immediately knew she was lying, but I went along with it. Same with everyone else.

JJ and LaMontagne had met up a couple of times. She also told us he might move up here and quit his job. That's commitment.

"So, Y/n. How's you and Reid?" Emily asked. I smiled at the thought of my boyfriend.

"We're doing well. Considering on what happened, but we're ok." I told them. They nodded before Emily smirked.

"When will y'all get married?" She asked. I coughed on my own spit as I tried to calm down with my water. The other girls agreed with her question.

"I don't know, he's never brought up the idea and the next big step is marriage. Plus it's only been a year and a half." I said. They smiled as I talked.

"Well maybe you need to propose, we all know Spencer can't do anything if you don't do it yourself. Look at how he asked you out, Gideon needed to Force him." JJ replied. I chuckled knowing she was right.

"We'll see when or if he proposes." I muttered while eating my food that came during our conversation.

Time skip

We came back to HQ and I took my seat, getting ready for four hours of working. Something felt off though.

Spencer hasn't greeted me yet

I looked at his desk to see Spencer there, writing in his messy handwriting not even acknowledging me. I shrugged as I went to work.

Time skip

I collected my things as the work day was over and it was time to go home. Looking over the blurry glass border that blocks my desk from Spencer's, I noticed he wasn't there.

I looked around for him but he was nowhere in sight. I was getting worried. Running over to the kitchen, I spotted him.

He was getting a late night sugar with coffee. I chuckled at how overreacted I became and walked over. Spencer looked up at me with a tight lip smile.

That was new.

"You ready to go?" I asked after a minute of silence. He nodded wordlessly as he walked to the door. I followed him to his desk and waited for him to get his things.

After that, we walked to the elevators and walked inside. Spencer still hasn't said a word.

"Spence, you've been ignoring me since lunch, did I do anything wrong?" I asked and looked straight at him. His face blushed as he pretended to cough.

"No- you haven't- I'm just tired" he said through the coughing. I raised my eyebrows.

"You know if anything is bothering you, you can tell me." I told him as we sat in a awkward silence. Then my thoughts started to consume me.

'What if he's cheating?'

'Was it because of lunch?'

'Does he not love me?'

Yes, I know, I'm an impulsive person but it's better to guess and not be surprised if it happens.

I got into my car as Spencer followed and got in the passenger seat. We drove off in silence.

We eventually got home and Spencer darted up stairs. I sighed and followed him up. The door was opened when I got there, I pushed it opened and went to go find him.

I was getting PTSD right now

Thankfully, he was on the couch reading. I sighed in relief and walked to the kitchen to make myself food.

"Hey Spence you want something to eat?" I asked. I was looking through the refrigerator when I asked. I heard some shuffling behind me. Looking up, I saw Spencer standing there.

"Hello?" I asked again. He didn't move. He was just looking at me. I smiled sheepishly as I looked back at him.

He had a goofy smile and he was just staring into my eyes. It would have been a cute moment if it weren't for the silence as he stared.

"Spencer?" He still didn't respond. I stood up straight as I walked towards him. Spencer shook his head and closed his eyes like he just came out of his trance. He blinked a couple of times.

"What? Oh-oh I would love something to eat." He told me while smiling like an idiot. I chuckled and turned back to the refrigerator.

"Well, I could make leftover pasta, Mac and cheese or soup. We need to go shopping soon." I said. Spencer just smiled as he grabbed the pasta.

I shrugged as he walked over to the microwave to heat up the food for us. I walked over and hugged him from behind and kissed the Center of his back. I heard a hum from my boy as I squeezed him tighter.

Nothing could get better then this

Oh how I was wrong, so wrong