Thirty-eight: Office gossip

January 12, 2007

It was a normal day at the office, well, as normal as it can be.

All the lady's of the Bau were currently in Penelope's office, chatting. Penelope was so happy that girls day was coming up and know new cases were coming in.

So, all the girls in one room talking about whatever came to mind. And yes, I was very nice to Emily she is a badass person.

"What do you guys wanna do for girls day?" Emily asked. All of us chuckled and grinned.

"90% of the time, it's up to pen." I replied. Penelope pouted and I quickly added, "that's not a bad thing, unless it involves me hung over the next day." She smirked and we all laughed.

"We'll see." Garcia grinned and we went back to 'boy' talk. We were all targeting Emily.

"Emily, got any special guy? Girl?" JJ asked. I gave her a 'okay sneaky' look. JJ had been really close with Emily from the start that I was getting suspicious.

"Nah, I'm not looking for a relationship right now. But Y/n, you and Reid? How long have you been dating?" Emily replied and JJ face slightly fell, but now the target was on me.

"A year and a month. Surprising, my relationships don't last that long." I said giddily like a school girl.

"Have you been ring searching?" JJ asked and I choked on my spit. I coughed as I tried to catch my breath.

"What? N-no! I haven't even thought about marriage!" I exclaimed after a couple of minutes. They all had a knowing grin.

In all honesty, I had been ring browsing on the Internet. But I felt like I was getting ahead of myself. Which I probably am but I've never had a relationship over a year. I'm getting nervous.

"Yeah, yeah. But, what ring would you want Spencer to buy?" Garcia asked and was getting ready to type. I sighed.

"Fine, I would want a ruby one with like a rose gold band." I replied. In seconds, Penelope had dozens of ruby rings with rose gold bands.

"Well, this is what we have." Garcia said and scroll down.

But one stood out to me, it was exactly what I wanted. Except the ruby was represented as a rose with diamond leafs coming out of it. It was beautiful, if I get married I want that ring.

"That one." I said and Garcia squealed. I got out of my chair and pointed to the picture.

"Oh it so pretty!" Penelope squealed. The other girls got up to look closer at the picture.

(The picture

(The picture. If you don't like it you can definitely imagine something else.)

"Oh my god yes! Penelope save the photo and when Spencer does propose, send him that." JJ said. I huffed and went back to my seat.

Spencer's pov:

When it was lunch time, Y/n and Emily headed straight for Penelope's office. I pouted to myself that I couldn't spend my time with Y/n but she should definitely spend time with our friends.

I got up and went to the kitchen to grab my food. I opened the fridge, got my sandwich and headed back to my desk.

As I was walking, Derek looked up from his desk and smirked. I huffed because I know there is going to be teasing.

I sat down and Morgan rolled his chair over, I looked at him with a tight lip smile and went back to my sandwich.

"So, pretty boy, all the girls are at Pens. Wanna asked Hotch if we could go done town?" Derek asked. I thought for a second before answering.

"Sure." Derek was stunned for a second before getting up and walking to Hotch's office. He came back a couple minutes later and walked to his desk to grab his coat.

I got up and did the same. We walk to the elevators then headed for the parking lot. Derek offered to drive so we got in his car and headed to where Morgan wanted to.

We pulled up to a small café and got out, i walked around the car to meet Derek and we walked inside together. We walked to the counter and ordered food and went to go take a table.

Then Derek started to asked questions

"So, how's you and Y/n? You guys seem great." He asked. I smiled at the thought of her.

"Yeah we're doing really well." I replied. He smirked and leaned in closer.

"Are you gonna ask her to marry you?" He whispered. I smiled.

"Maybe. I don't know. She wants me to wait another year or so but I was going to use the computer at our apartment and when I logged on, there were engagement rings on the tab!" I whispered yelled in excitement.

Derek's smile was so big

"That's great man! When will you ask then? Don't wait to long though. Do you know what ring she wants?" Derek asked.

"She wants a rose gold for the band and a ruby for the stone. So... I may or may not have gone looking for some." I answered while smiling. He huffed.

"Alright kid, you're growing up. And I think when you do ask her, she'll probably say yes." He replied as our names got called.

We got up and headed for the barista. She handed us our coffees and we walked out of the café. I Took a sip of my coffee and realize there was handwriting on the cup.

I turned it to see a combination of 10 numbers. It was the barista's phone number. I let out a long sigh.

"What?" Derek asked.

"A numbers on the cup, the one time I get the girl of my dreams women find me attractive? Sure." I said while rolling my eyes. Derek chuckled and started to drive back to HQ.

On the car ride I kept thinking,

'Why did Y/n choose me?'