Forty-eight: sweet and sour

(10k reads?!?!? Tysm!!!) *Angst*

I walked on the jet, alone.

Spencer had been in a bad mood since we got to work. I kept thinking it was the shower incident, but he's never questioned me before.

I sat across from Spencer in the four seats in the back. He just had a book out, reading. I decided to read my book too so I grabbed it.

I was on the sixth chapter when Hotch called for us to tell us what to do when we land.

I wasn't really paying attention but something, or someone, got my attention.

"I can do it myself." Spencer said in an annoyed voice. My eyes shot up to look at him with a questioning look.

"Never said you couldn't." Hotch replied.

"But you implied it." Spencer told him. Now I was worried. He never questioned Hotch before.

"Y/n's coming with you to the police station to help with the geographical profile." Hotch stated as we all stayed in silence.

I looked back at Spencer wondering why he all of a sudden didn't want me around with him. I looked at the rest of the team as they all shrugged.

Something is wrong with Spencer

Time skip

I was in the middle of the conference room as I tried to help, but Spencer didn't even talk to me. I was worried now.

Spencer's never went this long without talking to me since we started our relationship.

He hasn't looked at me for half an hour. I was sick of it. I stood up and headed for the coffee maker to get myself and Spencer a coffee.

I made my favorite cup and Spencer's with one extra sugar. I literally memorized his coffee order since we live together.

I walked back in the conference room as Spencer hung up a call with Garcia. He looked up for a brief moment before looking back at the map.

I walked to the table and sat down. I placed his coffee in the middle of it as I sipped mine. He looked over with annoyance and grabbed his cup. I huffed and looked over some files.

Eventually, the team came back.

"So, what do we got?" Hotch asked. I shrugged as I had know idea. Hotch looked pissed before I elaborated.

"Well, considering Spencer didn't let me help. All I got is that there probably a narcissist because where the killings are." I told him. He nodded and looked at Spencer. And Spencer looked pissed at me.

"Reid, I'm gonna have a talk with you later." Hotch told him. He nodded and stormed out. I started to walk to catch up with him but Emily stopped me.

"Just let him cool off." She said. I sighed and nodded as Hotch told us to head to the Hotel.

I walked in my room as I waited for Spencer. I wasn't particularly happy that I was going to share with Spencer, but we had to talk.

After a shower, calling room service and watching a episode of law and order, he finally walked through the door. I heard him sigh and walk to the bathroom.

I watched as he walked in, took a shower and came back out. He didn't even look at me in the eye. I cleared my throat as I waited for him to speak first.

He never did. So I decided I was going to.

"Spencer, what's up today? Why did you ignore me?" I asked. He didn't answer.

"Was it because of what happened before we got here?" I asked again. This time he looked up, leading me to believe it was.

"Spencer, I told you we could have done something when we got back." I told him while rolling my eyes.

"No! It's not that. It's not you." He said. I shook my head.

"Then why'd you ignore me?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Then why act like that?" I asked again. He was getting pissed. I really need to know why so I can fix it.

"Well I wanna help! I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong!" I yelled. He looked directly in my eye.

"It doesn't matter!" He yelled back. I sighed.

"Spencer I want to help-" I said but was cut off.

"I don't need help, nor want it." He spat. I shook my head.

"Please?" I asked one more time. He snapped.

"I don't want your help! Can't you fucking under stand that! I. Don't. Want. Help!" He yelled at me. I was shocked. I didn't know he could yell like that. I blinked a few times before collecting a couple of things before I walked to the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow Reid. Good night." I told him before walking to Emily's room. I heard my name being called a few times before I shut the door.

Spencer's pov

'Oh shit' I thought as my girlfriend walked out the door. I wasn't mad at her, I was just aggravated.

Y/n's never called me Reid a day in my life. I knew now I messed up really bad, but she couldn't just shut up and let me love her. She couldn't just not be annoying?

My eyes started to water as I called her name as she shut the door. I gave up and walked over to the bed.

'I'm sorry' I repeated over and over my head, hoping she can hear me. I was just annoyed with everyone by now, I was for the hole case. I don't know why.

'It's not the Dilaudid, it's not the Dilaudid.' I thought as I pulled out another one of the bottles.

I've been using it for a couple weeks now. I thought it would be fine, but I seem to be annoyed by everyone. I'm sorry for Y/n, she thinks it's her fault. It's not.

Ever since Tobias first injected me, I've been addicted. I'm not an addict. I can go a couple days without it, but everything annoys me.

I walked in the bathroom and I got a good look in the mirror at myself. I looked paler than usual. My eye bags are darker and my lips are pale too. I wish Y/n was here.

I grabbed my phone to call her but it went to voicemail. I sent her a message as well as left her a voicemail.

"Im sorry Y/n, I didn't mean to yell at you. Can you come back? We'll have to face one another sooner or later so can you come back? I love you, see you soon." I said on the phone as I recorded the voicemail.

(Spencer): hey Y/n, can you come back? I miss you and want to talk. I'm sorry I yelled at you and I'll never do it again. I love you.

I sent those about three hours ago, she never replied. I sighed and got into bed as I try to sleep, but couldn't.