Thirty-nine: The big game (1)

Warnings: episode big game :(
___________________________

February 4, 2007

It was Sunday and the super bowl began and the team was at a bar in downtown DC. Most of the team were in the back corner enjoying our company but Derek was out, dancing around.

I have know clue about football or the super bowl so I guess I came because of the drinks.

And watching Penelope watch Derek

Over the year I've been working with the Bau, Derek and Penelope's 'friendship' has been the second best part.

"Careful Derek the one in the back could take your wallet!" Emily said as she came back with drinks for the team.

"That's all right I'll be a broke, happy man!" He called back. I chuckled as she place down the drinks in Hotch yelled cheers.

Haley was there too!

She's very sweet and I hope nothing happens to her.

"So, how's the Bau treating you?" She asked and Emily chuckled.

"She really means am 'I being nice to you'?" Hotch replied I smiled and looked around to see where Spencer is. Than all of a sudden Penelope call Derek a cat? Emily rebuttal with he acts like a dog but, he's and ally cat for sure.

Hotch and Hailey got up and start dancing with Derek and the group of girls around him as Penelope went to the 'loo'. Emily stayed by the drinks and I followed pen to see if I can find Spencer.

I saw JJ playing darts with a group of guys. I saw that she landed one in the center and they all cheered.

I saw Spencer sitting by a table next to a group of people. I think he was betting on 'anyone asking him questions game' he always plays that at home.

I walked over and ruffled his hair and he started to talk about a movie or tv show. He got all excited about it and I couldn't help but smile.

"Alrighty smarty pants, i think that's our cue to go." I said and gave a quick kiss to his cheek and got up while holding my hand out for him to take.

He happily took it and we walked to the rest of the team as JJ informed us that we had to go.

Gideon wasn't there. He told us he was heading home once work was over but I knew he was at some sort of Bird museum.

Over the year I knew him I always had a hunch he was a big fan of birds. He and I got close too. I found him to be some sort of father figure.

JJ called him to tell him about the case and we all headed out for the office. After the drive, we all immediately went to the conference room.

" You know, once I'm getting my groove thang on, bam, we're back at work." Derek said annoyed that we left early. I grabbed my coffee and took my seat next to my boyfriend.

"Your groove thang got Garcia all hot and bothered." I commented. Emily snickered and Penelope smiled seductively.

"Was it getting you all hot and bothered too?" Derek asked accusingly. I shook my head and chuckled.

"Never in a million years." I replied and took a sip of my coffee.

"You know, statistically a case doesn't come in with any more frequency if you're at a party or a gathering than if you aren't. It's a trick of the mind, we merely remember the ones that came in that way more." Spencer said and the ladies chuckled.

"Besides, is it really that hard for you to get your groove 'thang'  going again?" Emily asked and Garcia and I chuckled.

Gideon walked in the room and took his Jacket off.

"Only when he's sleeping." He said. I smiled and looked at the file in front of me.

"where were you tonight?" Hotch asked.

"I told you I went to the Smithsonian." He said, answering Hotch's question.

"you missed a good time." Emily argue

"I had a good time." Gideon rebuttal.

"Oh the Smithsonian? I always wanted to go there." I commented. I saw Spencer smile from the corner of my eye is JJ walked in.

She started to talk about the case. It was in Georgia, Atlanta. My home state. Something about a couple in a suburban home and the police reported them an hour ago. Which was surprising.

"Wait, why?" I asked.

"What are the unsub's called the police to tell the other unsub that they were going to murder victims." JJ said.

"Holy moly." I whispered to myself. That doesn't happened every day.

"Sinners?" Hotch questioned because the unsolved named Rafael said he was going to kill them because they sinned.

Garcia started showing pictures of the victims and a paper ripped out from the Bible with blood spots.

"killing sinners? This guys are on a mission." Derek said.

"Mission base killers will not stop killing." Spencer commented and did a tight lip smile.

Time skip

The team was on the jet now, going over the file by ourselves as we sat in silence. I was sitting next to Spencer as usual.

Emily and Derek started having a conversation between themselves. I heard Garcia call all of us 'pets' and tell us about the 9-1-1 call.

We all got up to here it better. Once it was over, we started to bounce ideas off from one another.

After Penelope hung up, Hotch started to State the obvious. He also told us what to do when we leaned.

"JJ, we need an inside picture of all the victims. Victimology can be critically important in a mission base spree." He said.

"already on it." JJ replied.

"Prentice go where the bodies are. Examine the wounds. They managed to kill two victims in 4 1/2 minutes we need to know how." He said again.

"You got it." Emily said.

"Y/l/n and I are going to set up at the Atlanta field office and go over case files from the state. It would be highly unusual for a first kill to be this efficient."

"Reid, you and Morgan, come with me to the crime scene." Gideon said and went back to his files in his hands.

"We land in less than an hour. Everybody try to get some rest." Hotch said and we all went back to our seats.

For some reason I was really nervous. All my past memories were left behind there from my childhood. I took a deep breath before relaxing on the couch as Spencer sat next to me.

"You ok pumpkin?" He asked quietly. I smiled and nodded my head. I saw Gideon turned and look at me for a second before turning back.

I decided to lay on the couch and sleep a little bit before returning to my past with my future.

Then Spencer spooned me