Eight: Birthday gifts (edited)

November 13, 2005.

It was my birthday and I didn't tell a soul on the team, not even Spencer. So when I pulled up to Spencer's apartment, I was not expecting a gift.

"Here I got you something," Spencer explained, he was practically bouncing in his seat. I looked at him like he was a crazy person and carefully unwrapped the box.

It was a book called Evil Never Rests by David Rossi, which I mentioned like once that I liked his books but never had the time to get one.

"Ah, thanks, Spence. Wait, how did you know it was my birthday?" I question.

"I have my ways." He said winking, I sigh knowing that Garcia will throw a party in the Break room.

As a little girl, I never had a birthday party maybe once when I was still with my mom. Never when I was in a group home, they didn't care to ask if it was your birthday.

On the way towards the Bau, I started to get anxious in my seat. We made small talk and arrived at the office soon.

Getting into the elevators, my palms were sweaty and my heart was racing. But when the doors opened, there were no streamers or banners and know cake. With a sigh, I walked towards my desk to start on the paperwork.

Time skip

It was around 2:30 when I heard Penelope walk out of her office and started squealing while walking towards my desk.

"How dare you not tell me it's you're birthday Y/n!" Garcia said A little angrily but in the nicest way possible. I sighed and cautiously turned towards her.

"Oh my god I need to get you a gift, oh and I need to get you a cake!" She said running towards me to hug me.

"Our Little lady, it's your birthday and you didn't tell us?" Derek gasped and faked sadness.

"Wow, and I thought we were friends," Elle said jokingly and pretended to be offended.

"Well, I never really had a birthday party before," I said sheepishly while looking away. "What why?" Garcia asked. "Well, my parents didn't care for that stuff," I said, and she looked at me confused.

'Oh, Garcia knows' I thought. Spencer smiled and said, "I already got her a gift so I'm obviously her favorite." He Bragged, Elle and Derek looked at me then at him then at me again. I giggled.

"How dare you, I thought I was you're favorite," Garcia said with a pout. "Don't worry, I just told him that so he'll be happy," I said jokingly and Spencer faked a gasp and walked towards his desk.

"Well, this calls for drinks! For Y/n's birthday!" Penelope cheered along with everyone else.

I've never been to a team outing before but I can't say no to drinks so why not?

Time skip

It was 5:03 and I was packing up my coat and bag, just when I was about turn towards Spencer he was already packed and ready to go.

"Are you gonna go drinking? I've never seen you go to an outing but I would like to see you there." You asked him. He smiled and chuckled a bit before saying, "Yes I'm going, I'm not going to be drinking much though." You nodded and both of you walked towards your car to head to the bar.

A:n hey happy new year! Sorry for the short chapter but the next one will be fun ;) also, I just watched Spider-man: No Way Home and it was amazing I loved it so much!