Grey Discharge: Possible Reasons Explained

Ever notice gray stains on your underwear or toilet paper and wondered why? Wonder no more! Here's what you need to know....

What does it look like? Grey-ish white or grey in colour. Plus, you might notice the texture has changed too, becoming either thinner and more watery or thicker than usual.

Is it a problem? We'll be straight with you — it might be. But not one you can't solve!

You see, grey discharge can be a sign of bacterial vaginosis, which is caused by a change in the natural balance of bacteria in your vagina. The end result — discharge that's greyish-white, thin, and watery.

Grey discharge can also be a sign of a few sexually transmitted infections (STIs), such a gonorrhea and chlamydia. When this is what's behind it, it causes grey discharge that's thinner or thicker than normal.

Other symptoms to watch for include increased and/or smelly discharge; bleeding between periods; and pain when you pee, and most importantly, abdominal pain and fever. Bacterial vaginosis, in particular, can cause a strong, fishy smell. It's not especially pleasant, but at least it works as a good warning sign!

It's worth noting that STIs are often symptomless so even if a change in discharge is all you've noticed, it's best to be safe and get an expert opinion.

What can you do? The good news? STIs are treatable.

Your best bet is to get checked out by a medical professional. Left untreated, infection can lead to complications, so it's best to take care of it ASAP!

Anything else it might be? Your discharge may take on a grayish tinge at different points in your cycle for no reason at all.

If you have any doubt at all, head to your health care provider to make sure everything's okay.

Wouldn't it be so cool (and super duper handy) if they made a stick that you could pee on or test your discharge, kinda like a pregnancy test, and it told you which infection it might be and possibly even how severe it could be?? That way, you would only have to run up to the dollar store to grab one of those tests and then you could grab some OTC meds if at all possible.
It just seems like it would make our lives a whole lot easier and it would be much more convenient AND save US some money... so no, of course they wouldn't make, or easily sell, such a thing 🙄 why would they *actually do something to try and help us?!
it wouldn't be costing us/making them any money; so immediately it goes against the system 😩
it's for women. it's a necessity. A necessity for women- Nah, why tf would they make it cheap or easy for us?? 🙄
But,
I mean seriously, how cool would that be!!??
it's an idea at least 😩👀🥺🖤