Is Endometriosis Contagious?

Endometriosis exists locally and is not transmitted in any of the known ways, including sexually. It only affects the person who has it, without any risk to other people.

However, it is important to know that the condition has a strong genetic factor. If your close relatives (mother, grandmother, sister) are experiencing or have experienced endometriosis, you are 4-7 times more likely to have it.

There are medications such as hormonal contraceptives, simple pain relievers, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that can be used together to alleviate the symptoms of endometriosis. Make sure to talk to your doctor before starting any medication to treat endometriosis.

So, I, of course, disagree with the last sentence of the first paragraph.
Physically, it might only affect those who suffer with it.
But in several other ways, it affects my husband, as I'm sure it does many others' love partners and personal lives.
(i.e. it affects your friends when you cancel your plans for the fifth time because you're in bed with burning/throbbing ovaries and can't move. it probably bothers your husband when you're wincing in pain as y'all try to do it on your wedding anniversary. etc.)

I, of course, agree with the second paragraph because in my experience, it's appeared to be true. But it's more than just a few, it's almost every woman on my maternal side; every cousin, every aunt, every sister, every woman in the family going back generations that are all finding out that they have endometriosis and that's why they've have fertility issues, miscarriages, menstruation complications, etc.