Foods to Avoid If You Want to Prevent Bloating Before Your Period

It's normal to see changes in how you eat before you get your period. They're caused by hormonal fluctuations.

You might feel a sudden urge to eat salty, spicy, or sweet foods. On the one hand, these products will probably satisfy your cravings, but on the other hand, they can cause bloating and problems with digestion.

- Fatty foods take a long time to digest and can impact the overall digestion process.

- Spicy foods cause the stomach to release excess acid into the esophagus and may lead to heartburn and bloating for some people.

- Starchy foods (especially those containing yeast) begin to actively ferment inside the intestinal tract, which is accompanied by the creation and expulsion of gas.

- Foods high in salt can result in fluid accumulation in the body, which is why salty foods can intensify boosting or swelling.

During PMS, it may be helpful to consider the types of foods you eat to reduce the risk of increased gas formation and bloating.

** i H A T E salt, but Salt & Vinegar Pringles are the best before my periods!! I also have never had a tolerance for spice; i am a wimp!
Buuuuuuut Hot Cheetos are everything to me on my period. 😍👅🔥
But the week before my periods and the week of my periods I have the biggest appetite ever!! I love it cause I just crave all these things that I wouldn't normally eat; and I obviously feed my cravings because I can and I want to- so if I'm craving doughnuts, I'm eating doughnuts.
I'm a little weird about things like if I'm craving meat, I probably won't eat meat but last month I craved some McNuggets and S&S sauce so i ate a 20 piece, a big Mac, a basket of fries, a big ole drink and a pie. It was damn good (mind you im an xxs 83lbs. 23 year old tiny girl so people look at me funny and always doubt me but that's my order every time i go to Maccas lol)
I might be smol but i can E A T :) i like food

Weird fact: (i have textural issues) i don't normally like the texture of crisps like Doritos or Pringles on my tongue B U T when it's time for my periods, all i crave is bbq crisps, spicy sweet chili or nacho cheese Doritos and S&V Pringle's - all things i ONLY can tolerate before or during my periods 🤷‍♀️ anybody else have this issue?? 🤔

Fuunnnn Fact: Spicy sweet chili Doritos are accidentally vegan :)
so are Oreos :)
so is Hershey's syrup :)