the mall. Part two!

not edited 

It was now a couple days after the holiday, to be honest you were releived. Not only did you not have to deal with parents rushing in to by last minute toys, you didn't have to deal with the elves...though there was one elf you wanted to see.

You kept in contact with Em through letters, oddly enough these letters came in...fast.

honestly you still didn't grasp how it worked, like he instructed you, you wrote your letter and then...tossed it up the fireplace, or another way. THROW IT OUT YOUR WINDOW. 

Yeah, reall strange. Even more so when a weird sparkle like wind picks up your letter every single time and carries it off. Most times it whips off into the clouds, even more strange-thats how you  recieved your letters. they would fly in through your window or fire place. Landing either right infront of you or on some sort of table.

honestly as weird as it is, you found it...kinda cool and whimsical, even charming. Em always wrote to you of colourful lights and ...maybe a bit too much of work. Yeah no he was very over worked, you would guess what kinda job he had but your not stupid, and you figured it out .

He was obviously

.

.

.

.

.

some weird super mailman, what else could it be? What did you think? he was some mystical elf? no, obviously not. I mean this book is obviously nothing about mythical creatures. Jokes aside you did put the peices together. Pointy ears- an unatrual love for presents, candy- no wait normal love for those things but he had an odd fascination with wrapping paper, how it was made and he could tell you every little detail on how to properly wrap something and that you could indeed, wrap anything. 

Aparently he is the 10 year champion of 'gift wrapper' an event every year before christmas where you take the entire year to wrap the most presents, his current personal score is probably well over a million, you personally wouldnt be able to do that. You didn't want to. Probably-

a couple moths passed and you were surprised that he was actually very,very intuned with human pop culture. and you learned that he did not live in a candy house, he laughed at you for thinking that and said he thought it was cute you thought that. They have small houses, very colourful small houses, he also informed you it was always snowing, so he always has to make sure not to slip when walking to the gift wrapping department in the toy factory, honestly you felt jealous that he lived in a much more...magical place.

though he has said he prefered it here with you, you would love to visit. These are all thoughts you had as you worked at the counter seeing few customers and even fewer friendly faces,working with you today is a rather annoying girl your age. She had blonde hair with blue fringe, it was a cute trend but her rather pretty apearence was not what made her annoying, it was her two faced personality.

Infront of peers,customers or your boss she was sweet and helpful. To you directly she was an utter bitch. I mean, jerk. 

you had no idea what sparked her hatred for you,but honestly you didn't give a damn. This time, she nudged your elbow roughly,causing your arm to knock down some cards on the counter, with a huff you got up and picked them off the ground, setting them back up you decide to go make sure the shelves were in order instead of sit next to her another hour. Oddly enough you saw the teddy bear wrack was a mess, picking up each bear gently you placed them in their spots and smiled when they were all sitting nicely.

"If you want a stupid bear just buy one." She said rather softly,for her anyways.

you looked at the bears and grabbed two matching ones, bringing it up to the register you ring them up and place them in a bag for yourself, she gave you an odd exspression.

"employees get a discount, why did you pay the full price,they arent exactly cheap." you shrug and look her dead in the eyes. " Theres a spider in your hair Penny." 

she rolled her eyes and patted the top of her head and screamed. rolling your eyes you gently grab the spider and go to the elvator, sighing you get down and put the little creature outside before heading back to the shop. walking back inside you roll up your sleeves and look over at Penny who seemed rather embaressed. You pat her shoulder and tell her everyone is afraid of something. she sighed and nodded crossing her arms.

"thanks, you arent so bad Y/n" 

you chuckle and look at the clock. " oh damn, closing time. We should get ready to go." She nodds and begins to get everything ready and close the cash register, you make sure everything is locked up and when you two leave you lok the store and talk with her a bit, turns out that Penny was a smidge younger then you and is also working at some fancy resteruant down town every other week.

she even offered to give you a discount, but you politely shot that doen considering you didnt really want to pull up to a fancy place alone. Walking her to her car you wave goodbye before heading to your house, for some reason you decided walking would be better then an uber.

smiling as it started to lightly snow you get caught off guard when you get hit by well, a letter. looking around you take a look. Oddly enough it was for you, and from em.

opening it, you read it confused. before you get swarmed by snow and weird christmas magic you assumed. 

screaming you get lifted up and dropped into a large pile of snow. looking up you see little red shoes with bells on them, seeing a hand reach out you grab it and lift yourself out of the snow. peering at who helped you , you see a familiar smile and pointy ears.

feeling your face being grabbed you hear an excited elf jump up and down. "Y/N!"

and all you could think was, what the hell just happened.

I hope everyone had a merry christmas, if you celebrate and if you don't I hope you had a good day.Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you in the next part!