Home in the stars.

The tiles reflected the bright headache ensuring lights of the gas station. You were sat breathless across from another exhausted figure. It's chest rose and fell slowly. Keeping an eye on it you take a moment to fully take in all your injuries.

You lived in a small country town,nothing exciting happened ever. Well now you regret ever wishing otherwise. Deciding you didn't really care anymore you looked to your left. A large chunk of the building was gone ans you could clearly see the endless night sky.

Honestly for a moment you forgot where you were, what had happened. The stars seemed so prominent tonight. A weak chuckle brought you out of your peace, the figure across from you reverted back into it's disguise. The familiar fluffy white hair and soft gray eyes almost made you forget what they were.

You couldn't care less about the alien part, it was more of the destroy you, your friends and the world thing that threw you off. You always figured that world destructive aliens were in cheaply made films you saw at the theater.

Apparently not. You glared at what you used to think of as a friend before looking down at your shoes. Absolutely filthy, you couldn't tell what covered them more, Blood or dirt. You decided it was a fairly equal mix. Not looking up you listened as they moved to sit beside you.

You find it Slightly amusing they thought you'd be the easiest. You also found it just as annoying. You knew their energy would be replenished soon, unlike yours.

"You really need to get better at killing me," You muttered leaning your head back onto the shelf behind you. Some rubble fell from the hole in the building as the silence continued once more.

"To be fair you aren't the best at dying,"
They mused staring at their nails. They weren't wrong, everyone probably thought you died first. It was a fucking miracle you survived the fall. You let out a defeated laugh. You felt your eyes become heavy for a moment, that was until a hand placed your head on a familiar shoulder.

"You are such a dick,"

You scoffed, but in the end didn't move. They were the last remains of everything you knew.

"I know, but you're going to think of me worse here soon,"

They leaned their head on yours as you shut your eyes. Did they mean they were gonna finally end you? At this moment it felt almost relieving.

"I'm not afraid of you killing me anymore Nova,"
You felt their head shake as they let out a hum. They didn't hate you surprisingly, the whole destroy you and the world thing was more world than you. Even then more of humanity than world.

You give out a fairly sad sounding chuckle. Friends to something to enemies to...something? Frenemies maybe.

"So, do you miss it?" You asked taking another peak at the sky. They smiled nuzzling into you.

"Yeah, but we'll be home soon,"

Ah, the fucker. You glared still unable to really move.

"I'm not going to forgive you just because you decided to spare my ass," you grumbled as you glanced over at them.

"I know,"

They seemed rather pleased with themselves before you finally passed out. Now to enjoy your last moments in the end of the world, and think of your new 'home' in the stars.