Feathers (new)

a remake of that disaster except this will not only consist of the first part but the lost second part as well muahaha. (harpy x gender neutral reader)

The waves crashed onto the shore, and the sound of water hitting the rock was almost enough to deafen the screams. People ran all over the small coastal village in chaos. Flames erupted from houses and burnt down anything in their path.  Blood-soaked bodies covered the ground, and wails of mourning mothers and families sat by the corpses of their loved ones. Amongst all this, you were trying to escape back to the old lighthouse you and your grandfather lived in. He had always warned the rest of the village that the monsters would come and run them to the ground. That they would feast on flesh and bone of the fallen, tear human limbs from their sockets and eyes from your skull.

did you and your grandpa sound like the village nut cases when you told them this? absolutely. However, it turns out that he was right, and that he wasn't just some crazy drunk looking after his orphaned grandchild.

Hoping over the charred corpse of someone you probably knew you held in tears.  The attack was sudden, unprovoked even. You quickened your pace when you heard screeches come from the thick clouds of smoke. you stumble for a brief moment on the uneven rock steps leading up to the lighthouse. Your attention was soon grabbed by something falling onto the beach. Stopping in your tracks you argue with your inner curiosity before groaning. Sliding down an easier slope down. Your heart was jumping around your chest as you neared what had fallen. 

His breathing was slow, and his eyes were shut tightly. An arrow was lodged in his shoulder. You bit down on your lip. his wings twitched allowing some feathers to fall from them.  The feathers themselves were a blueish black with hints of green, it reminded you of a black-billed magpie. Stepping even closer you saw him flinctalonstallons clench as he groaned. "for fucks sake Y/n run!" you harshly whispered to yourself as you knelt beside him. Oh, you were so dead. Your hands hovered over the arrow. Were you really going to do this? these things were killing your village. 

the village that outcasted your grandfather.

the village that killed your parents.

the village that couldn't give a shit about you.

with that final thought, you gently pulled the arrow out. You placed some herbs on the wound and ripped some of your apron's cloth and tied it around him. You just hoped your family couldn't see you from the afterlife. After finishing the Knott you brushed some hair out of his face. "come on... you're going to live you oversized parrot." you grumbled at the harpy. When his eyes tiredly opened you felt relieved, terrified but relieved. 

Upon hearing shouting you curse under your breath as the boy closed his eyes once more. "sorry about this." you muttered before grabbing him from his underarms and dragging him under the cliffside into a cave. You set him against the cave wall and sighed, once you sat down yourself you pulled your knees into your chest. "why am I helping you?" your voice was hoarse and drowned out by your sobs. Something about the unconscious Harpy felt so familiar. more so than the very village you grew up next to. 

"They should have listened to him you know? he said you were going to come. Burn that little shit show and be done." you buried your face farther into your knees. "why did he go to save them? they didn't listen...and in the end, he died for the very people who outcasted him." You whispered more to yourself than the 'unconscious' boy.  your grip tightened on your legs as you let out a shaky sigh. 

"They even took my friend once. That was forever ago but I remember it." you leaned your head against the cave wall.  " We used to play by the cliffside north from here, he was real nice. Listened to everything I had to tell him." You mumbled before running your hands through the dirt.