a little past ten part one :)

Android x reader

You sure were late this time.
Infact you were so late to this fucking work ball you thought for certain your ass was going to get fired.

You were wearing instead of a fancy get up, waiter clothes with the only spice being a masquerade mask.

You see, you're lovely ass of a boss decided that as punishment for some......incidents involving tardiness, that TOTALLY didn't involve you decking an old construction bot in the face leading to you breaking your hand, was to have you being his only human employee running around serving rich snobs at some ball tonight.

Almost tripping over cords and misplaced items on the floor in the back room your boss looked horrible, his face was so red and scrunched up you thought for a moment you were looking at a fucked up tomato.

He didn't even yell at you or say anything for the matter before shoving a food tray into your chest and pointed at the counter where a bottle of champagne was accompanied by some glasses laid. Giving a weak smile you quickly made your way over placing them onto the tray and walked out.

At first you had to adjust to the obnoxiously bright lights and loud noises. Large crowds of both androids and people swarmed in and around the giant room chatting up a storm. You took in a deep breath and walked around offering the beverage to anyone you could, occasionally forcing a smile for some of the more known guests.

Perhaps it was that some train of a dress was too long, or your laces came undone but you fell.

Launching the tray and its contents you almost shriek when you see it all go flying and before you knew it champaign and glass were all over the floor and the tray smacked down in the middle of it. You shook some of the liquid off of your sleeves. Feeling overwhelmed at it all you don't even want to look at the extra damage done.

Oh but here he comes, the director and your boss. Glancing up you nearly broke when you saw who you spilt all this on.

One of the most - if not the most popular and powerful actress of this time. She scrunched up her nose and looked down at you disgusted. Yep, this was it- it may have not been the best life but its sure as hell over now.

The only comfort you had was the mask. At least some of your shame was hidden for now. Before long the director and the bright red tomato of a man were both behind you. The actress demanded you got up, you do and frantically apologize.

She was screaming at you for about ten minutes as the crowd whispered spectating the entire encounter. Then you saw her wind back her hand to slap you, clenching your fists you prepare for the sting, but it never came.

Looking back you saw a glossy metalic hand grabbing the woman's wrist tightly stopping her actions.

The director? The owner of the ballroom and the company you work at.
Of course he had a smile on his face, and his purple robotic eyes seemed to hold a lot more human emotion than you would have expected.

"Miss generic last name, please refrain from acting any violent acts against my companies vital employees."

Of course androids these days had 'coating' that made them look more human, like a skin on a video game character.

BUT THEY SHOULDN'T BE THIS PRETTY

Or so you believe, so when you see him you curse yourself for feeling your stomach flutter.Androids had particular qualities they couldn't hide, like with their hands eyes and general speech all being very robotic like, and I guess their weird inner frames too. And the slight hint of doll like joints. My point Is they seem very off.

And yet in this instance you find this very odd peice of metal attractive. Good for you I suppose.
Struggling to find your words you gave up and just ran out of the room. They could skip your pay, this night was terrible anyways.

A little past ten you made it home, pushing the door closed behind you. Locking it and heading to your room you collapse onto the bed exhausted.
You looked at the clock and sighed.

Tomorrow will be another day.

Oh hey there, yes it's true I have indeed updated wow. A real shock I know, anyways I hope you enjoyed whatever this is-
also I'd like to say I appreciate the amount attention you all give this silly little book! I love reading new and old comments despite how awful I am at updating(sorry about that)

As usual see you next time~