Haunted (edited)

Hello, why are there so many readers I'm sorry for not updating its summer and I'm really lazy thank you for reading my stories and go follow broken cause she is amazing and let's get on with the story enjoy!

Aww, I'm editing this and that's so sweet:D

It was.. Raining and I hadn't brought an umbrella, nor do I live close to wherever it is that I've found myself lost at. I hate the thunder, or I suppose I hate being outside on days like these in general. They scare me, they make me feel weak and small; as if I'm still a child. I can feel my heart beating erratically out of fear, it was freezing cold so I looked around for a place to wait out the storm. To my right I notice a large towering mansion, it held an air to it that screamed do not enter. But my fear stopped me from noticing that as I ran toward the building with all my might. I sat on the steps for a bit, weary to enter another person's home unannounced, especially since I had no clue who lived there. Plus, I'd been out of the rain now and shielded by the small patio roof. But after an hour of seeing no change to the storm, the cold had me knocking on the door; asking to be let in. Instead of the response I expected, which was someone to answer and tell me to go away, the door creaked open. With no one on the other side, it was clear no one had opened it for me. But the door had definitely been locked, I was sure of it! So someone had to have opened it.

Was this a signal that I'd been let in? A sharp thundering made any doubt leave my mind as I walked in. It was odd how much I felt as if someone was watching me, making me rasp out a small fearful "Hello..?". Of course, no one responded. I shook off the presence I was sure I could feel and took in the sights of the home. It was large, and when I say large, I mean the place was basically a castle. It was dark, and maybe a bit frightening to anyone else, but right now it felt like paradise. A shelter from the terrifying thundering rain outside, warm and cozy. Noticing that the floor was surprisingly not wet at all, I guessed that there must not have been any holes in the roof. In fact, it was oddly clean in the place, aside from dust. So someone must have lived here. I didn't want to make a bad impression and track mud all over their cleaned hardwood floors, so I took off my shoes at the doorway before making my way to the fireplace in the living room. Luckily, the owner had left some firewood next to the wall. Along with a small match on the table to light it with, this place must've had everything I thought to myself, placing three small logs into the fireplace. I had some trouble with the matches, but eventually, I had a small cozy fire warming me up. It truly was a nice home, what a shame the people who'd lived her had vanished without a trace.

I knew I should wait downstairs in case the owner got home and found my snooping, but my curiosity got the better of me. I slowly found myself moving toward the tall staircase, my hand moving up the railing as I walked up to it. A bit of dust stuck to it, which I quickly wiped onto my (Pants/Shorts/Sweats/Dress), at the top of the stairs stood a hallway of rooms. I decided to look into the first since I could see a bit of light coming from underneath the door. I had gotten used to the dark now and could make out quite a few more things. But the light would still be appreciated. As I walked over my footsteps echoed louder then they had downstairs, a few places creaking here and there. My hand finally met with the doorknob as I slowly turned it, the room seemed to be an office or library of sorts. Looking at the rows of books was mesmerizing, slowly stalking down the rows mad me find the source of the light. A window, a light kept flashing right outside it, and suddenly I could swear I saw someone behind me through the reflection. My heart was in my throat as I spun around to find the being, only to see the books that had always been there. I had never been superstitious, but my bother would often tell me scary stories of spirits. Before he had died at least, and often I would feel like my brother was still around. If that was truly a ghost then, maybe I could see my brother again? It was a nice thought but I couldn't get the idea that I wasn't alone out of my head. I speed-walked out of the room opening the door and left. Deciding to check out a different room to clear my mind. I walked down the hallway of the room and tried to open another, only to find that all the doors were locked. I started wondering if I should just leave, but then a slight creak behind me had me turned around in a second. One of the doors that had just been locked was now open, staring innocently at me as if it hadn't just defied nature. I knew I should have just left but, I couldn't help myself as I slipped through the crack of the door.

The room looked to be the master bedroom, a queen-sized bed lied to the left. While a couch was to the right, a large chandelier was hung from the ceiling, shining brightly. The carpet was soft against my socks, it unnerved me quite a bit to find a candle on the nightstand next to the bed. I wouldn't have cared if it hadn't been lit. The presence was back again, goosebumps were all along my arms as a rush of cold filled the room. The candle flickered as if about to be blown out, I called out, "Who's there?" trying to use an assertive tone. In the end, it came out shaky, and small. A burst of eerie laughter resounded through the room, I had no clue where it was coming from. But it was most certainly in the room.

"...Hello~.."

The voice shook me to my very core when suddenly an arm snuck its way around my waist. My breath hitched at the action, the hands-on my body was ice cold. I spun around, ready to fight, but when my eyes met those chilling blue orbs I ended up just staring. His translucent skin threw me off, especially since it looked almost frozen in a few areas. He wore a suit, which was an icy white matching perfectly with the rest of him. If I hadn't been utterly terrified, I'd say he was quite handsome.

"Well, aren't you just absolutely darling..." He cooed into my ear with a chuckle, the smirk on his lips was mischievous. I soon found the world turning black, as I passed the fuck out.

should I continue this one? I had fun making it I hope you enjoyed it!

Edited by me! BrokenPlasticPlates, not sure if that's still my username ngl lmao