Warning signs

Magic boi,  Iv'e been dreadfully slow on updates sorry. Also the title has almost nothing to do with this. Not anymore at least-lol. 

The hot summer days were the worst for you. You never really cared much of what others said. You had made it this far , but now your just sick of it. Looking at the wired fence with warning signs from top to bottom. You never broke to many rules. Now here you are , you climb up the fence to drop to the other side clutching your bag. You had to hurry when it got dark they would notice you were gone.  The long tan grass brushed your skin as you started running. They won't know what had happened. No one will. 

The trees became more dense as you continued running. Almost , you were almost there. When you reached the clearing you spotted the person, or rather the thing you had to meet. Physically the looked a lot like a human , but a mage is not to be messed with.  You caught your breath before walking to the mage. 

" Your late this evening Y/n, is everything alright?"  You just ran away from your home so you lightly rubbed your arm without giving him a response. He finally caught sight of your backpack. Sighing his eyes looked back at your own. Crouching down to your level, he clasped his hands together. Curiosity getting the best of you , you gently open his hands to reveal a soft blue glow. You took notice it was a small butterfly smiling as you watch it flutter around you then into the sky above. Turning back to your friend you gave him a small hug, he returned it before tugging on your hand. The grass swayed in circles around you both as a wind shielded you from the outside forces. Through an opening you saw the backs of the warning signs, and two figures running quickly to the fence. Before the opening was gone, and you looked back at the mage. His eyes were shut, he was focusing on the task in front of him. His light brown hair was flying in every direction. You felt like you were floating until you looked back to your other side to see in place of the fortress of wind was a bubble. You both were floating off into only he knew where.

" Darin where are you taking us"

When he didn't respond you loosened your grip on his hand, in response to that he tightened his grip that could possibly leave a mark later on. You began to panic did you make a mistake? you shook your head. Your village elders had told you stories about mages . They would whisk you away, tricking you. Darin wouldn't right?  you always were careful around him, but mages could see how unhappy one being was. So he could have very well seen your hearts desires.

Darin was different though. He used magic for good didn't he? The first time you  met him was purely an accident. You were a child then, and he looked the same as he does now. He used his abilities to make gorgeous blue flowers fall down from the sky. Darin snapped you out of your bitter sweet thoughts by flicking you in the forehead.

" Iv'e been trying to snap you out of it for more then a minute, but we are here."

Looking around you saw that you were in a forest, with blue lights everywhere. A small cabin was in front of you. Hanging from it was two lanterns, the soft orange glow from there made this place seem a bit more realistic. You were lured into the small home amazed by even the smallest things residing in it.  Your eyes rested on the small cot, your eyelids growing heavy you yawned but sat on the floor, not wanting to steal Darin's bed.

" You can rest in the bed Y/n, I'm more nocturnal then anything."

 Shaking your head, you just  sprawled out on the floor with a playful smile adorned on your face. Groaning he lifted you up and practically thrown you on the cot. You rolled your eyes before drifting to sleep, not noticing that he had climbed in with you.

When you woke up however you did notice. Your noses were touching as you blinked trying to comprehend the situation. You attempted to get up, but failed as you were pushed back down.

" Go back to sleep, Its too early"

You scoffed before softly poking his cheeks. Groaning he opened his eyes and glared at you slightly. blowing the hair out of his face he sat up mumbling to himself about something.

" What was that?"

glancing back at you he smirked.

" I should feed you to the trolls, but they would be stone by now." 

frowning you turned away from him, you hated trolls. They had always freaked you out, he knew that you ranted to him about it more then once. Deciding to ignore him you dug through your bag to find some more clothes.  Darin pouted from behind you, wrapping you in a warm embrace he apologized. You still ignoring him sat your bag down, being distracted from your previous task. Turning your head he quickly took the opportunity to give you a small peck on the lips. The rest of the day consisted of small flattery and pecks on the cheek.

Well that that, this one took me awhile to get around to I started it a while ago, so I finished it yay. Its short, but done so I'm calling this a win, Hope you all Enjoyed!