A little past ten (2)

"FUCK!"

you snapped your eyes open at the sound before groaning.  You heard the constant thuds and felt every fiber in your body refrain from shouting at your neighbors to shut up.

Couldn't they put a sock between the headboard or something? You clenched your fists upon realizing the two wouldn't keep it down for a while. Swinging your legs off the mattress you get up and shuffle your way into the bathroom, flicking the dim light on you looked at your reflection. You smiled, you looked like shit.  " Come here often?" you laughed at yourself before slinking back out of the room. Promptly snatching your phone from the ground you felt your heart sink upon seeing the amount of missed calls from your boss and an unknown number. 

"oh shit," you whispered before imeaditly calling back the imposter of a sweaty tomato. The phone rang a couple of times making you tap your foot anxiously. Once it finally clicked you held your breath waiting for the screaming, but it never came. 

"Hello? y/n is that you? I've been trying to reach you since last night where are you!?" The old man whispered harshly. You raised a brow, was he with someone? he was never this tame on any phone call with you before. You sighed and pinched the bridge of your nose. 

"I'm at home, what's going on?" you heard some rustling and some hushed bickering before the old man finally replied. " The director wants to see you asap, so get your ass over here l/n"

ah, hearing the click you put down the device before dragging your feet around your room to get ready.  You put on something casual, grabbing your keys you banged onto the wall separating you from your neighbor and called them some foul words before leaving. Your mind wandered back to the rather handsome android. Having a crush on robots wasn't a new concept, you remember an old article about a man marrying some fictional A. I or something.  tapping your fingers on your steering wheel you look out the window, turning into the garage you park the car and hop out. Swinging your keys around your fingers you stroll up to the old but functional elevator and pressed the designated number. 

You wondered if you were finally getting fired, yesterday was a pretty big scene. Humming you felt kinda glad that it was unlikely that the actress knew your actual face. Listening to the elevator music you waited for the door to finally open. Once it did you barely had any time to walk out of it before your hand was yanked. Being flung into someone you look up with an annoyed expression only to see the android from earlier.

No, you weren't getting fired.

you got fucking promoted.

AS THE HUNK OF METAL'S PERSONAL ASSISTANT!?

you nearly screamed as you looked around the room to see if it was some sort of joke. Apparently, he found you interesting and needed a human assistant anyways.  You found yourself walking with him around the top floor of a big fancy business building. Your office would be next to his. Everything looked so expensive, so much so you worried if you touched it and it broke your great g great granddog would be in debt.  Imagining a cute puppy in a business suit you couldn't help but chuckle.  

1-year time skip~

"No! I'm not telling!" you huffed crossing your arms, you were currently denying the director the satisfaction of knowing who you liked. The reason he knew you liked someone? he overheard you planning to tell them, he admitted he felt a tinge of jealousy.  You learned that he was so successful for the fact he broke through his original code, leading the revolutionary rise of androids. You were surprised that he didn't know it was him, he was supposed to be smart. Scoffing you walk past him. 

"Y/n! tell me!" he whined and followed you like a lost puppy. You shook your head as your cheeks turned red. You refused to inflate his ego even more. "No, if your so smart figure it out yourself."

he sighed before smiling, walking off on his own. You but your lip, you hadn't told any of your co-workers so he shouldn't have any leads. That is until you froze, screeching as you chased after him, you would rather tell him than let him discover it through that.

sliding into the room you tackled him to the ground. He looked up at you shocked as your face was a bright red. Your lips quivered as you saw the book in his hand, the latch still on. Snatching it from him you get off and tuck yourself in the corner. he looked at you baffled, he was trying so hard to put the pieces together. For someone who was designed to be so smart, he was clueless. 

He heard you mutter something but he couldn't quite catch it. He took a step closer and you took note he didn't hear you.

" I said it was you dumbass." you held the book tightly to your chest as you felt tears prick at the corners of your eyes. he stood there completely frozen analyzing the situation. His adorable little assistant just confessed to him. Slowly he smiled and strolled up to you embracing you in a hug. "Go out with me then?" he chuckled at your embarrassed state.

wow, you really fell for some ones and zeros, good thing it was just a little past ten so you weren't too late arriving back home.

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed it and please have a lovely day 

I'll see you next time~