Chapter 38

Laura's P.O.V.

I woke up groaning, i felt like someone was inside my head, hitting a hammer against my brain. I sat up, holding my head and looked around to see i was in my hotel room, i sighed with relief, atleast nothing happened...i hope. I got out of bed, then realised Luke wasnt laying next to me, i furrowed my eyebrows and exited my room.

I went into the kicthen to see that Michael and Ashton were sat in there, i smiled and waved.

"Hey guys" they glared, i frowned but walked over to the fridge, needing water and some pain killers. I gulped them down and placed the water bottle down on the kicthen counter, looking back up at the boys to see that Michael had disappeared amd Ashton was following close behind him. What was going on with them?

I sighed and walked into the livingroom, seeing Luke sat there watching tv with his arms crossed. I went to curl up on his lap but he moved before i could sit down, so my butt came in contact with the leather sofa. I looked over at him confusedly, he looked at me with a glare before standing up and going into one of the rooms. What is going on with these boys?

"Hey" finally someone was talking to me, i turned to see Calum giving me a tight smile as if he was forcing himself to smile, i frowned.

"Whats going on with you guys?" I asked frustrated, standing up and glaring at Calum, he clenched his jaw.

"Im trying to be nice here" he snapped.

"Yeah, well i want to know why you are trying to be nice and not just being nice like you usually are" i sighed, looking down. I heard him groan before asking,

"You seriously dont remember?" He asked, i shook my head, he sighed before getting his phone out, typing on it for a while before passjng it to me. I took it and my eyes widened at what i saw, no way. I dropped Calums phone, running towards the room where Luke had disappeared into, i opened the door and saw Luke sat down with his head in his hands.

"Luke?" I called out, he grunted in acknowledgement but didn't pull his head out of his hands, i took a cautious step closer, "Luke im so sorry" i apologised, he stood up and glared at me.

"Why'd you do it?" He asked angrily, i flinched at his tone, "What? Was i not good enough for you?" He said a little louder now, his face was slowly turning red and his fists were clenched at his sides.

"Luke-" he cutt me off.

"No! You promised you wouldnt go back to him! You said you loved me! But then i see pictures of you and him making out! Then more pictures if him leading you upstairs! Why didnt you just tell me you didnt want me, instead of going and doing a stunt like this!" He yelled, now in my face and i could see the faint tear stains on his cheeks and his bloodshot eyes. A tear slipped from my eye, as i looked up at him.

"Luke, i do love you" i cried, "I dont even remember what i did last night! If Calum hadnt showed me the pictures i would still be confused right now" i stated, now angry aswell. His face softened but then it hardened again.

"You weren't even supposed to be around him anyway, you were supposed to be at my side! What the hell Laura?" He asked, sounding defeated.

"I didnt even know who he was, my mind was all fuzzy, i couldnt recognise him" i stated.

"Yeah, sure" he said, not even trying to sound like he believes me and barges past me, exiting the room. I grabbed a pillow off the bed and screamed into it, why wouldn't he let me explain? Why didn't he believe me?

***

An hour later, im sat on one of the sun beds on the balcony, with my knees to my chest and my chin resting on them, just looking out at the view. I sniffled and used the sleeve of my jumper to wipe away the, now, drying tears and my nose, not even caring if i would get snot on it.

All ive been doing is thinking about Luke and my stupid mistake that i dont even remember, i tried so many times to atleast remember when Jordan managed to approach me without me pushing him away, but my mind was just empty. I heard the sliding doors to the balcony slide open and shut, i didnt even glance at the person that had come onto the balcony.

"Hey" Ashton's voice filled my ears, not the one i was expecting to hear, "Erm, i just came to tell you that we need to go out for a bit and Luke doesnt erm, exactly want to be around you so-" i cutt him off.

"Its okay, i wasnt planning to come along anyway, i know you all hate me already" i sniffled, still refusing to look at him. I heard him sigh before he sat on the sun bed next to me.

"We dont hate you" he stated, i snorted, "We are just....shocked and being protective of Luke. What did happen anyway?" He asked, i shrugged.

"I cant remember anything" i told him, Ashton sighed standing up but before walking away, he put a hand on my shoulder.

"He wasnt being an angel either, he was caught making out with Crystal but thats all he did" Ashton told me, "I think those two set it up" he stated before disappearing inside while i sat there, shocked. Luke had cheated on me too? I suddenly got really angry, and he made me feel bad! He was yelling at me when infact he had cheated too!

But then another thought came to me, Crystal and Jordan. They had planned this. I still dont understand why Crystal is doing all this though, i just dont get it.

***

While the boys were out i had decided, if i wanted answers, i was going to have to get them from Crystal herself. So, i called the number she had used to call me. She picked up after the third ring, i had told her to meet me at a nearby Starbucks and so here i was, sitting in Starbucks waiting for my once best friend to show up.

I tapped my fingers against the table impatiently, looking around the Starbucks for the hundredth time. I sighed, looking down at the drink in my hands until a clear of the throat was heard.

"You wanted to talk to me?" She raised a brow, hand on her hip. I had to say, she had changed alot since high school, she wasnt her innocent self anymore, she was a stranger to me.

"Sit down" i told her, she sat down as told and placed her expensive designer bag down by her feet.

"What? You didnt buy me a coffee?" She remarked sarcastically, i rolled my eyes.

"What do you want from me Crystal?" I asked, sounding defeated, she chuckled.

"I cant believe you hadn't figured it out for yourself" she muttered to herself, i furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, she rolled her eyes.

"Our agreement! Cant you remember that?" She asked a little hurt, "We were sat outside and we agreed not to let a guy get in the way of our friendship!" I stared at her in shock.

"That happened back when we were what, fourteen? Why does it a matter so much now?" I asked, she glared.

"You broke your promise" she hissed, "Thats what this is about" and before i could say anything, she disappeared. I stared at the spot she had been sat in for a while before getting up and leaving.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know Crystal was being a bit confusing but it will all come out pretty soon, amd everything will make sense i promise.

Dont forget to vote and comment xxx

One more thing, go check my new story out, its called Broken! Thanks xxx