Chapter 21

Abby's P.O.V.

I had my duffle bag on my shoulder and a suitcase at my feet, waiting to board the plane. I was a mess: bloodshot eyes, red cheeks, my hair wasn't brushed because i didnt have any energy to. I was honestly a wreck. I had only left half an hour ago and i already missed him. 'You cant think like this' i thought, 'its better this way' Finally my flight was called, i walked over to the gate and handed my ticket to the woman behind th desk. At this very moment, i wished Michael would come barging in and stop me from leaving. But this is reality and Michael doesnt even know im gone...yet. One more sob and i walk into the gate.

"London, here i come" i muttered to myself and find a seat, sitting by the window. When the plane started to take off, i watched the city get smaller and smaller, soon disappearing. Leaving my whole world behind. The further we are away from the city, the more my heart breaks and, before i know it, im crying again.

"Hey" a voice says from the seat next to me, i look over to see a guy with dark brown eyes and blonde hair.

"Hi" i say bluntly.

"Why are you crying?" he asked softly.

"Leave me alone" i sniffled, resting my head against the window.

"I cant leave a girl crying" he smiled, i glared, "Whats your name?"

"Abby" i say before i can stop myself.

"Im Sam" he smiled, again. Sam started to try and cheer me up which was nice but, wasnt working. I wanted Michael to cheer me up, not him. Sam had dark eyes and was missing the glow that Michael's had, Sam had blonde hair and it was too normal, it wasnt colourful and lively and creative. After an hour of Sam rambling in my ear, trying to cheer me up, i put my headphones in and listened to music, blocking his voice out.

I mean, i didnt even know this guy, its a bit weird he's trying to cheer me up even though he didnt know me. Maybe he's one of those guys that groom you, so you'll do what they want without thinking. No way is that happening to me, im not stupid enough. He doesnt even seem to notice i have headphones in, as i watch his lips more but all i can hear is muic blasting in my ears.

I fell asleep three hours into the flight, no shocker there. Now we were only half an hour awaym i couldnt wait to land. Yeah, Sam is a good guy, but there's only so much socializing i can take.

"I see your feeling better" Sam beamed from beside me.

"Yep" i say, getting my phone out, pretending to be busy. When we finally landed, me and Sam ended up exchanging numbers cause he lives near Jodie. I get my bags and head for the xit, where Jodie is waiting for me. Once i step outside, its dark and cold, very cold. I quickly embrace Jodie almost crying with hapiness.

"I missed you so much" i cried.

"I missed you too

Laura's P.O.V.

I entered the kicthen, all the boys sat around the kitchen counter.

"Hey guys" i waved and got a glass of apple juice, turn around and lean against the kitchen counter, "So, when are we going on tour?" i asked.

"Monday" Ashton beamed.

"Thats really soon" i gushed. I cant wait to get out of the country and clear my head, so far, ive had twenty missed calls from Jordan, two messages from my mum and and three missed calls from mum. I opened up one of the messages and found out, it wasnt mum, it was Jordan.

'Where are you?! Your not at home and ive tried the bar you work at, and i cant find you. Call me' the message read, i definetly wasnt going to call him but a little text wont hurt.

'Im surprised your actually looking for me, what? Wasnt Crystal fun enough for you?'  i texted him, then opened the actual text from my mum.

'Hey honey, i tried calling you but you weren't answering. Just wanted to check if you were okay'  it put.

'Yeah mum, im fine. I just found out im leaving on monday' i texted her. I got a simple 'okay im going to miss you' and that was the end of our conversation.

"Who was that?" Luke asked from behind me.

"My mum" i told him, not wanting to mention Jordan contacting me.

Today was sunday and tomorrow i was leaving, not that i had anyone to say goodbye to apart from my mum but she's meeting me at the airport. Im gonna miss my mum, she's always been there for me. But i know i have to do this, i need to clear my head and get away from Jordan. Just the thought of him makes me want to burst into tears, but i only allowed a few stray tears to escape and Luke immediately took me into his arms.

"Its okay, Laura" he said into my hair while rubbing my back.

"Its not okay" i shook my head against his chest.

"He's a jerk, he doesnt deserve you" he told me as everyone exited the kitchen silently.

"What am i supposed to do now?" i asked Luke.

"What do you mean?"

"Well...does he know we're no longer together or does he think we're still together? He hasnt stopped texting and calling me" i sobbed, i hate crying infront of people. It makes me feel weak and i want to look string infront of everyone not the opposite. I look up to see Luke frowning, he looks angry. Then i realised i had blurted out, that Jordan was trying to talk to me.

"Why is he trying to talk to you?" Luke growled.

"Luke, chill. Its not like im gonna run into his arms any time soon" i told him, he sighed and lifted my chin up so i met his eyes, his face really close.

"I know but i worry about you and want to protect you" he admitted, i could literally feel his breath on my face.

"I can handle it" i said just under a whisper, my eyes cloing as is face gets closer to mine.

"Not by yourself" Luke whispered, then i realised what i was doing and quickly pulled away.

"L-luke, i cant..." i trailed off and sadness took over his features.

"Im sorry" he said, "I just..." he couldnt finish, he just started to exit the kitchen.

"Luke" i called, he turned around, "Dont worry about it, nothing happened" i told him, he gave me a small smile and nodded, exiting the kicthen. I sighed, resting my elbows on the counter behind me. One thought running through my mind, i almost kissed Luke.

A.N. Hey everyone! Laura almost kissed Luke! Hope you enjoyed the update, please dont forget to vote and comment, i would love some feedback on what you think of this story xxx