Chapter 2

The next morning I woke up, groaning. I rolled over to face the wall, my stomach rumbled.

"Mum! Can you make me some breakfast?!" I yelled, no answer. I sat up and it took me a while to remember that I was now living by myself, and I had to make my own breakfast.

I reluctantly got out of bed, moving into the kitchen, I settled on making myself some toast. While I was waiting for my toast, I went intobthe bathroom to brush my teeth. I checked my appearance in the mirror, I didnt look too bad for a girl that just got out of bed. I brushed my hair and went back to the kitchen, my toast was ready, I got a plate out of the cupboard and placed it on the kitchen counter.

I finished eating my toast and decided to get dressed, I put a pair of shorts and vest on, throwing my long brown wavy hair into a ponytail. I'll shower before I go to work. I put the music channel on my tv, and sang along to the lyrics of Rude by Magic while I unpacked one last box.

I was halfway through unpacking the box, when an unfamiliar song came on, I furrowed my eyebrows but couldnt be arsed to check who sang this. In the end, I quickly checked the tv screen. It showed a guy around my age with black and white hair, the screen said the song was called She Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds of Summer.

"5 Seconds of Summer" I tried the words coming from my own mouth, "What an interesting name" I nodded in aprovement.

Before I knew it, I had to get ready for work. I took a quick shower, then I slipped on a white t-shirt and a black pencil skirt, with my name tag on the shirt. I kept my hair in a ponytail, and left for work. I walked since it was only down the road.