Chapter 23

Laura's P.O.V.

After a lot of crying, packing and Luke comforting me. I was finally done. The only thing left to do was take my two suitcases and duffle bag, to the car. I grabbed a suitcase while Luke grabbed the other one and my duffle bag, we exited the apartment, I locked it and we headed down to Luke's car.

I got Luke to take me to my mums house, which he obliged and soon we were outside of my old house.

"You wanna come in?" I asked him and he winced.

"I don't think thats a good idea" Luke said, oh yeah...

"Im sure she doesnt even remember" I told him.

"Laura" he said in a warning tone.

"Luke" I copied him, pouting.

"Fine" he said after atleast fuve minutes of silence, I cheered and we got out of the car. I notice, out the corner of my eye, Luke fidgeting nervously. I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers, he gave me a nervous smile and we walked up to the front door. Instead of ringing the doorbell, I knock. After three knocks, I hear a faint 'im coming' and waited. Soon, my mum opened the door with a bright smile. Her hair in the usual loose brown waves, her tan skin, pearly white teeth, she looks the same as always. I quickly took her into an embrace.

"What are you doing here?" mum beamed.

"I wanted to come and spend some time with you, before I go on tour" I told her, her smile got wider, if that was possible. Then she glanced at Luke, she frowned. Yep, she remembers him. I squeeze Lukes hand to reassure him and he smiles at my mum.

"Hello Mrs. Jones" Luke smiled, she didnt return it. We stayed like this for a while until a smile broke onto her face.

"Luke, dont call me that, you make me feel so old" mum groaned, "Call me Joan" she smiled.

"Okay" Luke seemed to have calmed down now and was now chatting away with my mum.

"Lets get inside, shall we?" mum asked and gestured us inside. We walked inside and I headed straight into the living room, dragging Luke behind me. I plopped down on the couch, I wanted to speak but my mum beat me to it.

"Where's Jordan?" she asked, of course she would ask that, she absolutely adores Jordan. Luke instantly starts rubbing my back.

"We broke up" I said sadly, looking at my hands in my lap.

"Aw honey, im sorry, I didnt-"

"I know, but I dont think you should feel sorry for me" I told her as Luke started rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand.

"Why not?"

"Lets just say...I wasnt an angel either" I told her and she let it slide, changing subject.

"Luke, what happened to your face?" mum gasped.

"Nothing" I quickly cutt in before Luke can reply.

"Come on, lets get you cleaned up" mum said, grabbing his arm and taking him into the kitchen, I follow behind like a lost puppy. Mum intructs Luke to sit on a stool while she cleans his cut up and he does. I sit down next to him and he smiles at me, reaching for my hand and intertwines our fingers.

Luke's P.O.V.

Even though Laura's mum is cleaning my cuts up and it stings like mad, I am ecstatic to be holding Laura's hand again. I cant believe she would actually let me hold her hand, after everything that has happened. I thought back to the day we walked into school and thought, 'what would've happened if Crystal hadnt done what she had done? Would we be a real couple?' I guess we would and I would really like that.