Chapter 5

Lauras P.O.V

"You'll never guess who i ran into today" i said into the phone, i was talking to my mum, she was checking up on me.

"Who?" she asked.

"Crystal, my best friend from back in my old school" i said.

"Oh my gosh! I havent seen that girl since you decided to move schools" she beamed.

"Yeah, i guess we just drifted apart" i said, sadly.

FLASHBACK.

I was thirteen years old and, me and Crystal were sat at the park, just hanging out. There was a new boy that had arrived at our school and he was hot.

"So...what do you think of Luke?" Crystal asked me.

"Who?" i asked.

"Luke Hemmings!" she exclaimed.

"He's mine" i smirked, she pouted.

"No, he's mine" we had a little argument until i stopped.

"Lets just promise that, whatever happens, we will alwyas be friends" i said and she nodded, "No matter who Luke choses"

"Agreed"

END OF FLASHBACK.

But...if only i knew that it wasnt a guy that split us up. A tear slipped from my eye at the memory of our promise.

The next morning, i wake up to my phone ringing. I reach my hand out and grab it, not even boothering to check who it was.

"Hello?"

"Laura! I really need you to do me a huge favor!" Rose yells into the phone, i pull the phone away from my ear.

"Woah, Rose, calm down!" i said, i hear her take a deep breath and exhale, "What?"

"Well...i need you to come to the 5SOS concert" she said.

"I thought Jordan was taking you" i said in confusion.

"He was but he told me this morning that he was working that day" she sighed.

"I dunno" i said.

"Please! Jordan already has the tickets so you wont have to pay, please" she begged, when i didnt answer she started to reapeat the word 'please' over and over again.

"Okay!" i yelled rather loudly and she finally shut up, "I'll take you"

"Thank you!"

"But no more calling me at 7 in the morning" i groaned.

"I promise" she said and hung up.

"Well, bye then" i said to my phone, throwing it on the bed, next to me. Just has i was about to drift off again, my phone rang...again.

"What!" i snapped.

"S-sorry, was now the wrong time to call?" Jordans voice rung through my ears.

"No, not at all" i said, smiling, "Whats up?"

"My sister just called me, saying that you were going to take her to the concert...?" he trailed off.

"Yeah, i am" i said.

"Oh, okay, i was just checking"

"When is it anyway?" i asked.

"This weekend" he said, today was a thursday.

"Thats good, i have a late shift on a weekend" i said.

"Okay, got to go, love you"

"Love you too" and with that he hung up. Ive got an early shift today, I start at 8pm. Now it was 7:30 am, I guess I'll just listen to music and red until then.

I was now stood in the middle of chaos, there were people everywhere. They weren't kidding when they said that this place is popular, it was practically a nught club at night and a bar at day. I was just stood by the bar, not really knowing what to do, until I see Steve walk up to me.

"What do you think your doing?" Steve yelled over the loud music, "Go do something!"

"What am I supposed to do? I cant go into the crowd asking what they want to drink" I said and he rolled his eyes, walking behind the bar.

"Come here! You'll work behind the bar!" he said.

"Okay" I was slightly happier that I didn't have to just stand there anymore. Half an hour later, ive served over 20 people, why didnt I have this job in the first place? A guy with dark brown hair and brown eyes, walks up to the bar, leaning against it. I approach him and he smiles at me.

"What would you like?" I asked.

"A beer, please" he said, politely.

"Sure" I grabbed a bottle of beer and placed it infront of him, now getting a good look at him. He had dark brown hair, with brown eyes and he looked kinda...asian? He looked to be around my age too, "There you go" I said and started to walk to the next customer but his voice stopped me.

"Wait....you dont know who I am?" he asked and I shook my head, why would I know this guy?

"No" he looked surprised at my answer but shook it off.

"Im Calum" he said.

"Im Laura" and with that he said goodbye and left. Well that was....weird.