Chapter 9

Laura's PO.V.

When we arrive , I say goodbye to Ashton and run up to my apartment. I unlock the door and push it open, to reveal a tired looking Jordan sat on the couch, head in hands. His head shoots up when he hears me and runs over to me, hugging me tight.

"Where were you? I was so worried" he said into my hair.

"I was safe" i assured him, he grabbed my hand and set me down on the couch, next to him.

"Seriously, where were you?" he asked, i bit my ip, not really wanting to tell him but knowing, i would have to eventually.

"I was at a friends, we played Call of Duty and i sorta, lost track of time and ended up falling asleep on the couch" i said, really quickly.

"Wait...did you say Call of Duty?" he asked, eyes narrowing.

"Yes" i said quietly.

"Than that means you weren't with a girl, you were with a guy" he said looking hurt, angry and sad.

"Four...guys actually" i corrected him, holding up four fingers, "But we're only friends"

"What are their names?" he asked.

"Calum Hood, Michael Clifford, Ashton Irwin and Luke Hemmings" i said their full names hoping he would recognise them, but no....that just made him angrier.

"So, you've been hanging out with a band, a famous band at that, behind my back?" he asked.

"Jordan, its not what it sounds like" i reassured him, i put my hand to his cheek, making him make eye contact with me, "You have to trust me, okay?" he nodded.

"Im sorry for accusing you, i should've listened to what you had to say first" he said and we hugged, "But i wanna meet these boys" he told me.

"Okay, i'll text them tomorrow or something" i said and he nodded, "But at the moment, i wanna do this" i said and kissed him, we kissed for a while and he told me, he would soend the night, again.

We were cuddled up on the couch, when my phone started to buzz, i groaned pulling away from our embrace, it was an unknown number. I answered it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Laura, please let me explain" Luke's pleading voice filled my ears. I looked to Jordan and held up one finger, to tell him to wait a minute and walked into the kitchen.

"Luke, i thought you said you'd leave me alone" i groaned.

"I just need to tell you the truth" he said.

"No, Luke. I know exactly what happened and i dont want to hear an excuse from you!" i yelled and hung up. I walked back over to Jordan and cuddled up to him, again.

"Who was that?" he asked.

"No one, it was just my mum asking how i was" i lied. I then turned my phone off, so we wouldnt get interrupted again.

The next morning i woke up to an arm wrapped around my waist, then remembered it was Jordan's. I turn to face the sleeping boy and caressed his cheek, his eyes fluttered open.

"Sorry, i didnt mean to wake you" i mumbled.

"No, its okay" he assured me, sleepily. Then his phone buzzed, he rolled over and retrieved his phone.

"Hello" he said.

"No, im busy"

"Do i really have to come now?" he groaned.

"I'll be right there" he hung up, "I need to go to work, im sorry baby" he said, then it was my turn to groan.

"Do you have to?" i pouted.

"Yes, im sorry, i'll see you tomorrow, okay?" he said, pecking me on the lips quickly and got out of bed, getting dressed.

"Bye, love you" i called to him, just before he left.

"Love you too" he yelled back and left the apartment. I sighed, i was now alone, seriously....this is why i hand out with my guy friends. I go to sleep for a little longer.

When i wake up, its 1 pm, good thing i have a late shift tonight. Deciding on texting Crystal, i get changed and garb my phone. She said she was coming over, i sat down in the armchair and sighed.

Ten minutes later, there's a knock at my door, i assume that her. I yank the door open, to see Jordan.

"What are you doing back? I thought you had work...." i said happy and shocked, at the same time.

"Yeah...they only needed me to do a little job" he explained.

"Oh, hey Laura!" Crystal appears from behind Jordan.

"Hey!" i exclaim, hugging her, when we pull apart she looks at Jordan, "Oh, this is Jordan, my boyfriend, Jordan this is Crystal my bestfriend"

"Hi" Jordan said putting his hand out for Crystal to shake, she gladly take his hand and shakes it.

"Hi" She looked up at him, is she eyeing him? I quickly cut in and brought them inside. They both sat on the couch, i sat next to Jordan and held his hand, showing Crystal that he is mine.

Crystal cleared her throat, "I didnt know you had company"

"He arrived just before you did"

"Should i go then....?" she said gesturing to the door.

"No, its okay, we can still hang out" i assured her.

"Then i should go then" Jordan said getting up, i didnt really want him to go, but i wanted to hang out with Crystal alone, "Nice meeting you, Crystal"

"See ya, maybe one day we could double date?" she suggested.

"Yeah, that'd be awesome" he replied.

"Im gonna need your number, so i can text you" Crystal said, innocently.

"Why cant you just text me?"i asked, annoyed.

"Well, i figured, why waste your credit, when i could just text the both of you?" she smirked.

"Okay" Jordan shrugged, handing Crystal his phone and taking her's to type the number in.

"You have a boyfriend" i stated, growling.

"Its not like im going to steal your boyfriend, there's nothing to worry about" she assured me, "Dont you remember the promise we made?"

"How could i forget?" i smiled.

"I'll see you later, babe" Jordan said kissing my cheek and leaving.

"He's hot" was the first thing she said once he had shut the door, i glare at her, "Sorry, just thinking out loud here" she put her hands up in mock defence. I rolled my eyes and sat back down, she really hasnt changed.

A whole morning with Crystal consisted of: bringing back old memories that i really wanted to forget, talking about how great Dan is, basically, me just listening to her. She was now talking about something we did when we were kids, but i was too bored to listen.

"Oh my god, can you remember, you know? That day" she said and i gulped, now thats going too far.

"I think its time for you to leave" i said, feeling a bit dizzy.

"What? Why? I thought we were having fun" she frowned in confusion.

"Erm...i..." i say trying to think of an excuse, "I have to go to work soon" i say quickly.

"Oh" she said, disappointed, "Well, i quess i'll get going then" Crystal grabbed her jacket and her, stupid, designer bag and left. Flashe's of 'that day' appeared in my mind, i quickly shook my head, to rid of the memories. I then got ready for work.