fifty-eight

Omniscient

Dallas, Texas
2022

It has been a couple weeks since the funeral bringing us to the end of June. Last month was very challenging for the whole family. With K'Mya and Jayla popping back up along with Nerrick's sudden death, everybody just needed a breather. I don't blame them because how would you feel or react if you found out someone was following your every move? No one really knows how they will react unless they're in that exact situation. The only thing good that came out the month of May was Kayden's graduation.

Even though Cameron just buried his brother, he wanted to go back to work and move into the new house but Bri felt like it was too soon. She knew that he was only trying to distract hisself from his thoughts which is not a good thing. Cam didn't agree, and they went back and forth until Bri finally agreed that the move was okay. She was ready to go as well but she just wanted to make sure that he was okay and able before he did anything strenuous.

Brielle wanted her husband's mind relaxed as possible.

It was a hot Saturday morning in Dallas and the whole family was walking back and forth out of the house totting bins and boxes followed by moan and groans as the very pregnant lady barked orders.

"Jabari you drop that box I'm beating your ass!" Brielle hollered after Bari as he was acting like he was about to drop the box.

"Shut up yo pregnant ass up!"

Bri busted out laughing as Cameron smacked him in the back of his head. "That's what you get!"

"Girl fuck you and yo ugly ass husband." Jabari mugged Brielle before sliding the box in the back of the trunk. He huffed and blew out of breath.

"Muffin!" Dakari called out from behind her as she stood in the door.

"Yes daddy?"

He threw his head back. "Toot crying, can you get her?"

Bri nodded and walked into the house as he walked passed her totting clear bins that was holding her jewelry. Walking further into the house, Brielle shook her head at her little sister Sorayá, who was sitting straight up on the palette in the middle of the floor—crying. Zaire was just staring at her like girl shut up.

"Come here Toot." Bri called out to Sorayá. She stood up stumbling as she made her way to her big sister.

"Up." She stood in front of Bri and held her arms up.

"Spoiled ass." Brielle huffed and bent over scooping her up. Sorayá laid her head on her shoulder sticking her fingers in her mouth.

Going into the kitchen, Bri walked towards the refrigerator pulling the freezer door open and reached in grabbing two of her homemade piná colada popsicles. Once retrieving the popsicles, she shut the door with her hip and grabbed some paper towel before going back to the front. Bri placed Toot back on the palette and removed the plastic from the cold sweet refreshing treat causing Toot to clap her hands and squeal.

Before Brielle sat down on the couch she scooped up Zaire placing him on her lap the way she could—feeding him the popsicle.

As Bri was sitting on the couch she thought about everything that's been going on. She's been so focus on trying to make sure that everybody else was okay, she forgot about herself. She just hit the eighth month mark and was exhausted as hell. Her belly was bigger than normal and it was taking a toll on her body. She felt tired and weighed down all the time but she pushed through with a smile on her face.