seventy-seven

Brielle A. Hayes

Dallas, Texas
Wedding Week
FEBRUARY 2024

Ahhhh! I'm getting married for the second time, bitches! I was very excited because this was going to be different from the courthouse. These last couple of months have been something! Remember when I said I wasn't going to hire a planner? Shiddd! I went ahead and hired one because, between running a jewelry business, raising a teenager, TWO twin toddlers, and having a horny ass husband? I was beat! It was something every day, so I put everything in the planner's, Trey's, and my sister's hands, along with Nova.

This week has been hell, and that's exactly why I hired a planner. I don't know what I was thinking talking about not hiring one. It was the night before the wedding, and I had just gotten kidnapped by my girls. Since I didn't have a bachelorette party, they were dragging me to the club, which I think is a very bad idea. They're not going to do anything but get me drunk, and I swear if I miss my wedding, everybody getting shot. Sorry, not sorry. We've got a lot to do in the morning, and these bitches want me drunk.

"Here, put this on." I looked up and Essence was leaning over the seat holding a purple sash that said "bride to be" in white writing. I shook my head because these bitches think we in Vegas. I slipped the sash on, adjusting it.

"Open yo mouth." Bruh. Kailani was holding a bottle of Don Julio.

I shook my head and threw my head back, opening my mouth as she poured the tequila down my throat. I'm finna kill the bitch because she was trying drown me. I popped her titty and she stopped pouring while laughing. I swallowed and licked my lips, mugging her. "Fuck you trying to do? Drown me?"

"Yup! You know you drink for me and you."

I couldn't help but shake my head as I felt the truck stop. The Lyft driver climbed out of the front seat and opened the back, helping us out. As I stepped down, I pulled down my skirt and adjusted my shirt. I didn't want to do too much tonight being that I'm going to be all glamorous tomorrow, so I put on a black tight faux leather skirt, a black one-shoulder fitted crop tank, and finished it off with a black pair of Dr. Martens. Of course, my neck, wrists, and ears were beaming. My hair was in a top knot until the morning.

We bypassed the line. Being that we were on the VIP list, I don't know who managed to make that happen, but we skipped it. My skin was hot, and I knew then that Don Julio was slowly kicking in. Back in Blood by Pooh Shiesty, funny looking self was booming through the speakers. I rapped along as I climbed the stairs. "We gettin' up close, do him dirty, I ain't showin' love, nope. 11 thousand, all ones, left my right pocket in the club, on God. These blue faces up on me dirty, I went got it out the mud fasho. If I took some, get it in blood, I don't give a fuck 'bout what we was."

I look over the rail, looking at the dance floor. My eyes damn near bugged out of my head as I watched the bottle girls make their way towards the stairs. I spun around and everybody from Keria to Essence had a sneaky grin on their faces.

"Ooooo! Look out now! We got a bride to be in the muthafuckin' building! Courtesy of the owner, everything you order tonight will be on the house. Congratulations, love!"

I know you fucking lying! A shout out from the DJ and free drinks all night? Congratulations to me then! The bottle girls made it up and they danced around me until their sparkles went out. I gave all four each a hundred dollar tip. I cracked open a bottle of Don Julio because he ain't no hoe and took it to the head.

"Hollon!" I got hyped once I heard the beat to "Somethin' Else" by Key Glock and Dolph.

"Ah shit, here she go." I smirked at Kai's remark, because here I go. The beat dropped and it was over.