forty

Omniscient

Dallas, Texas
2021

Do to the unforeseen circumstances, the gang had to cut their trip short. After seeing the news and returning calls, they made their way back to the villa to get their things—only to be told that their stuff was already gone. Since they were in the jungle with no service, Dakari called uncle Lewis and informed him on what was going on. He checked them out of the villa and was granted permission to go in their rooms to retrieve their belongs.

Once they were notified about that, they ran back to the truck and Kai sped off towards the private airfield. Do to her speeding, they made it ten minutes. They rushed into the jet and uncle Lewis took off. Both sisters were sitting under each with worry on their mind. Trying to remain positive. They landed in Dallas around four and loaded up in Bari's truck.

After a long quiet ride to the hospital, Bari parked at the door and let the girls out. They ran inside and headed straight towards the front desk.

"Excuse me." Bri called out to the nurse that was sitting behind the desk. Instead of paying attention to Bri, she was too busy on the phone yapping her gums.

Brielle rolled her eyes. "I said excuse me."

The nurse looked up and held her finger up. Kailani blew out a breath and reached across the desk—snatching the phone and hanging it up. "Now that we got your lovely attention, what room is Za'Keria Jones in? Z a apostrophe K e r i a."

The nurse looked taken back but she started typing on the keyboard. She looked back up. "She's in the VIP wing, what's your relation to the patient?"

"We're her sisters."

"Identification please."

Bri huffed and turned to Kailani. "You bring anything in with you?"

Kai shook her head. "No, I left everything in the truck. Stay right here, I'll be right back."

She ran outside and returned two minutes later with both of their wallets along with Cam and Bari following behind her. Kai placed both of their IDs on the desk. The nurse picked them up analyzing them. She hit a few keys causing the visitors passes to print. "The VIP wing is on the 10th floor, please wear these at all times."

Kailani snatched the visitors passes out of her hand and ran towards the elevator. Everybody stepped on. Bri was standing in the corner patting her thigh, watching the numbers of the floors change as the elevator moved. Cameron reached down and grabbed her hand—squeezing it. She looked up and he kissed the side of her face. Jabari was leaned up against the wall with Kai on his front while he was rubbing his hands up and down her thighs. The small gesture of comfort meant a lot to the sisters.

The elevator dinged and they stepped off heading towards the nurses station. Kailani stepped up. "Excuse me, we're looking for Za'Keria Jones."

"Kai!"

Everybody whipped their heads around and saw Ashley standing at the end of the hall with Sorayá in her arm. The girls ran to their mother.

"Mommy! What happened?"

Ashley sighed and shook her head. "Keria told us that she was in the kitchen fixing her something to eat when she heard glass shatter. She said she stopped what she was doing and immediately called us. She took one of yo guns from the drawer and made her way upstairs quietly as possible. She locked herself in her closet. As me and y'all daddy was getting in the car, we heard yelling. Za'Keria! I know you in here baby! I miss you girl, where you at bitch! She started crying once she realized who voice it was."