nine.

Omniscient

Dallas, Texas
2020

"Where is your duffle, Bri?"

Currently stuck in traffic, Brielle was on the phone with her sisters while they were getting ready so they could head to Houston, to see their parents at their fathers request. She was on her way to get them after leaving school but got caught in a traffic jam.

"It's on the floor by my room door. Make sure y'all grab that bin from my jewelry room."

"Ok, are you almost here?"

"Yes, traffic is somewhat letting up. I'll be there five to ten minutes top." She hung up and switched lanes speeding off. Brielle had managed to pull up in front of her condo building in under ten minutes. She texted the group chat, telling them that she was outside. Once she saw them coming out of the lobby doors, she popped the trunk. They placed the bags inside before sliding in.

"Y'all made sure the door was locked?" Bri asked and they. nodded. She pulled off in the direction of the post office. About twenty minutes later she was pulling through the parking lot. She parked and got out popping the trunk. She grabbed the bin shutting the trunk and walked towards the entrance of the building.

Pulling the door open she walked in and placing the bin on the counter. "Hey Ms. Jones!"

Brielle looked up and smiled. "Hi Mr. Johnson."

It took about fifteen minutes to scan every box. She paid and grabbed her receipt walking out of the door. Brielle returned to her car and got in.

"I don't give a fuck about none of that. You know what since you want to act delusional tell ya homeboy Jahiem to touch my line." Za'Keria spoke into the receiver before hanging up and throwing her phone across the seat.

Brielle gently pulled her seatbelt across her and looked at Kailani who then raised her hands up in a surrendering manner and shrugged. "Don't ask me nothing. I was dozing off and she just started yelling."

Looking into the rearview mirror, Bri noticed Keria laughing to herself. Bri shook her head putting the car in reverse and backed out of the parking spot. She pulled out and approached a red light. "Y'all hungry?"

They shook their heads.

"No, we ate the leftovers." Bri nodded and pulled over to a gas station. They all got out and walked inside. Bri went straight for the slush machine and fixed an extra-large green apple slush and grabbed a bag of jalapeño cheddar Cheetos. She grabbed a large core water from the cooler and walked towards the register.

"Kai, Keria. Y'all better come on if y'all want me to pay." They shuffled to the counter setting their things up there.

"Hi, is this all?"

Brielle nodded. "Yes, give me fifty on pump uhhh, pump five."

"Eighty-two dollars and eighty-two cent is your total."

Bri pulled out hundred-dollar bill and passed it to the cashier.

"Seventeen eighty-one is your change." Kai and Keria grabbed both bags and follow behind their sister. Brielle unlocked the doors and set her cup in the cup holder. She popped her tank and pressed premium sliding the nozzle in the hole. It took about three minutes to fill up, Bri removed the nozzle putting back in its rightful place and got in the car.

"Stop calling me nigga. You pissing me off and I don't like dat. I'm about to go see my family and I don't need the negativity. I'll see you when I see you." Za'Keria hung up the phone and turned it off.