thirteen.

Brielle A. Jones

Dallas, Texas
2020

It has been a couple days since everything has transpired and I am tired. Between me packing up my condo, pushing out orders, and schoolwork? I am bound to crash soon. My sisters left yesterday to head back to school early so now I am back by my lonely.

I was currently in my jewelry room printing labels and packing up the room. My date with Cameron is tonight but I don't think I'm up for it. I am exhausted but I also don't want to blow him off again. Let me call my mama, whatever she says I'm going to do it. Propping up my iPad, I tapped the FaceTime icon tapping her name.

"Hey Muffin!"

I laughed at her excitement."Hey Mommy! I need your input on something."

She scooted up against the headboard and started rubbing her stomach. "What is it?"

I finished taping a box and sat in my chair rolling it in front of my desk. "Ok, so I've been talking to this guy for about a couple weeks and he asked me out on a date but I kind ignored him and didn't give an answer. So, we met up, talked, and he asked me out again. I said yes but it'll have to be once I got back from Houston. Well I'm back from Houston and the date is tonight."

My mama shook her head. "So, what's the problem?"

I bit my lip out of habit. "You know I've been on the go since I got back, trying to get everything together for my house and I'm tired. But I don't want to blow him off again."

"Go." She nodded her head and said it again, I'm guessing she saw my facial expression. "Go, you need the break. Go enjoy yourself and have fun."

"BUT NO TOO DAMN MUCH FUN!"

I shook my head laughing watching my mama turn her face up. "Shut up Dakari! Go have all the fun you want. Send me pictures when you get ready. We love you."

"I love y'all too." I hung up looking at the time seeing that it was a little past four. I need to go ahead and start getting ready. I grabbed my phone and walked out the room heading into my bedroom. Looking down at my phone noticing that Cameron texted a little while ago.

Cameron Hayes: Am I picking
you up tonight?
3:50pm

can't wait to see you.
3:55pm

no, that's not needed.
I'll meet you there.

4:30pm

Cameron Hayes: okay, I'll drop my pin once I make it.
4:35pm

I smiled and placed my phone on the charger. I want to take a nap, but I don't think I have enough time for that. Walking into my closet, I began browsing for something to put on. He didn't say what the attire was, so I guess I'll just surprise him.

Flipping through my clothes, I decided on this orange long-sleeved dress and paired it with my signature black stringed heels.

I hung my dress on the door and placed the heels down. Since I already have a wig installed, I'm just going to touch it up. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and walked into my bathroom placing my shower cap on. Going into my cabinet, I grabbed a razor and shaving gel placing them into the shower. Stripping from my clothes, I wetted my legs and began shaving until my satisfaction.

I rinsed my legs and grabbed a small towel—starting the shower. I stood under the shower head for about five minutes before washing up.

After spending at least forty minutes in the shower, I got out and wrapped my towel around my body walking into my room. Sitting down on my bed, I dried off and rubbed my body down with my Tree Hut vanilla bean body butter and sprayed on some deodorant.