sixty-six

Brielle A. Hayes

Dallas, Texas
2023

After we left Rocki, we went straight back to the villa, got our things and grabbed Uncle Lewis who was already ready. I guess daddy called him or whatever. I still don't know who called Cameron but somebody is dying tonight. I don't even care about facing time, because my child? My flesh and blood? A baby I just gave birth to 6 1/2 months ago? Yea bitches definitely sighed their death certificate. What I don't understand is how they managed to grab just one baby. I sobered up so quick I felt it leave my body.

The whole three hour plane ride, my leg just shook. I was so angry and that's dangerous because I felt high school me coming out. I fought so much in high school because bitches thought they were tough and going to bully me. Bitch bully who? It was so bad I had to change schools. I went to all black private school while Kai and Keria went to public. Bitches done activated the old Bri.

I glanced at Cameron and shook my head. My baby was in distress, he damn near done pulled all his hair out. I increased my speed and continued driving home. It's taking a little minute because the airfield is one way and our house is on the outskirts of Dallas.

About forty minutes later I was pulling into our neighborhood at 4am. I saw a bunch of police cars along with the FBI and I just shook my damn head. I pulled through the driveway since my gate was already open. I threw the truck in park and jumped out. My vapormax hit the pavement as I sprinted to the front door throwing it open. It hit the wall and at this point I didn't care if the windows cracked or not."

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?" My voice boomed and bounced off the walls.

"Oh shit."

I heard Jabari say as I walked into the front room and was immediately faced with guns in my face. I arched my eyebrow and chuckled to myself. I raised both of my hands grabbing both guns putting them in my possession. I dissembled both dropping the pieces on the floor. "I don't care who you are, don't ever put no gun in my face while I'm in MY house."

I pushed passed both officers and stood in front of the 75 inch tv that was mounted on the wall and turned it off. "So y'all gonna sit here and look stupid or tell me what the fuck happened?"

"Muffin."

I turned and saw my parents walking to the front room. My daddy was holding a crying Amaria and she instantly started moving around in his arms once she laid eyes on me. He walked towards me and I grabbed my baby kissing all over her face. I held her back as she sucked on my jaw. "I swear if I gotta ask y'all again what the fuck happened y'all not gonna like me. Jabari go get Cameron please."

He nodded getting up and I looked around the living room and everybody was just sitting like knots on a log. I'm two seconds from going off. "Somebody speak the fuck up!"

"If you calm down somebody will."

Everybody in the living room looked at Keria like she was stupid, including the officers. I laughed to myself. "Stop talking before I smack the fuck out of you. Talking about some calm down? My baby that was left under YALL care was kidnapped and you wanna tell me to calm down? Fuck up outta my face."

"You screaming is not gonna help though."

I bounced Mari in my arms as she whined in my ear. I grabbed her pacifier that was clipped to her bib and pushed it in to her mouth. I looked at my sister. Cause what the fuck? "You know what? Get out. Get the fuck out my house! Take Zaire and Kayeden with you cause I'm 5 seconds from knocking fye from yo dumb ass. It's late, my baby is God knows where and you wanna try me."