twenty-two.

Omniscient

Dallas, Texas
2020

"Come on and get up mama." Cameron was standing at the foot of his bed halfway dressed.

He woke up around six and he knew that was too early for Bri, so he let her sleep. It was now a little after eight and it was time to get ready, so they could beat traffic and be on time. He pulled Brielle by her legs and pulled her up to his chest like a baby. If it's one thing Cam has learned, it's that Bri hates being woken up.

"Ughhhh." She mumbled into his chest. Cameron laughed and shook his head. Bri pushed her chin forward with her head leaning back.

Cameron leaned down and kissed her not caring about her morning breath. "Come on mama. Want me to carry you to the bathroom?"

She nodded her head and Cameron scooped her up. Her legs instantly wrapped around his torso. The first time Cameron picked Brielle up, she bought peed on herself. She was scared because she had never been picked up before and he caught her off guard.

Cameron grabbed her bag and they walked into the bathroom. He sat Bri on the toilet and placed her bag at her feet. "You want breakfast or are we stopping somewhere?"

"Whatever works for you and Bari, y'all got class first."

Cam nodded and kissed her forehead walking out of the bathroom.

Brielle stretched and jumped up. She grabbed a small towel turning on the hot water and washed her face. Picking up her toothbrush she squeezed out some toothpaste and began brushing her teeth.

After taking care of her oral hygiene, she stripped from her night clothing and grabbed the pair of light acid washed distressed jeans from her bag. She stepped into them jumping in the process as she pulled them up. She pulled her nike crewneck over her head.

Stepping in front of the mirror, Bri pulled her bonnet from her head and began unraveling her braids. Since she didn't bring any hair utensils, she braided her hair last night, so she didn't have to worry about the hassle this morning.

"Cameron!" She yelled as she began placing all her things back in her bag. She heard his heavy feet and opened the door.

"Wassup mama?" He stood at the door still undressed.

Brielle looked up and shook her head. "Why you not dressed and where the vapormaxs I left over here?"

"All I have to do is put my shirt on and my closet. You need em?" He questioned

Brielle nodded her head and grabbed her bag. "Yes please."

She followed behind Cam and set on the bed. Since she was wearing tennis shoes today, she removed her anklet and pulled some socks on her feet. Cameron emerged from his closet carrying Bri's shoes in his hand. He threw the shirt that he had on his shoulder on the bed and untied her shoes bending down in front of her. Bri shook her head. Cam doesn't let her do anything.

He grabbed her foot and pushed the shoe on—tying it. He repeated the same step for the other. Dropping her foot, Cam grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head untucking his chains. He turned to his dresser picking up his wallet and stuffed in his back pocket.