ten.

Omniscient

Houston, Texas
2020

"I can't believe y'all really called us down here to plan the shower/reveal." Brielle was sitting at the bar sending out tracking numbers for her orders as she prepared to eat breakfast with her family.

"Shut up and eat your breakfast." Dakari said while sliding a plate that consisted of a southwestern omelet and buttered toast across the bar.

"I bet y'all asses got on that road. Za'Keria! Kailani! Bring y'all asses down here and eat."

"Daddy you're rude and did you put tomatoes in this?"

Dakari smacked his lips. "Bi- girl I almost said something. Girl I know what you can and cannot eat. What you want to drink?"

Brielle threw her hands up. "Well excuse me then and cran-raspberry please."

Brielle heard feet shuffling from behind her, she turned the chair and notice her mama plus her sisters dragging their feet into the kitchen. Ashley walked around the bar and wrapped her arms around Dakari's waist. "Good morning baby."

He turned around and pulled her into his embrace kissing the side of her neck. He stuck his hands under her shirt and rubbing her sides. "Morning baby, you hungry?"

Ash nodded her head pulled away from his embrace and sat at the bar.

"So, what's been going on in y'all lives? Since y'all too busy to come home and see ya parents." Dakari leaned against the sink with his arms folded across his chest.

Brielle look across the bar at Kai, Keria looked at Bri, and Kai looked at Bri.

"Oh, so nobody has anything to say?"

Bri whistled and looked back at her laptop screen.

"Kailani let us start with you then miss mamas. Don't think I don't be seeing that little nigga in your comments. Talking about some 'malikhitlicks."

Brielle busted out laughing which caused her to choke on her food. She hit the countertop for dramatic effect making Ash jump up and rush to pat her back. Bri took a sip of her drink.

"Whew! Dang mama, what you trying to do? Beat my back in." Ashley pushed her and sat back down.

"Oh, Miss homeown—." He was cut off by someone banging on the door. "Who the fuck?"

"I'll go get it." Brielle hopped down from the barstool and walked towards the front of the house. The banging continued and it grew louder as she approached the door. She put her hand on the knob.

"Who is it?"

"Cassidy, Cassidy Kimes." Brielle eyes grew wide. She let out a deep breath and opened the door. Once she opened the door. Cassidy looked shocked because she was not expecting her to answer the door, she instantly started swinging on Brielle.

Brielle instantly regained her balance and pulled her inside swinging back hitting her in the nose. Bri heard a pop and the lady let out a scream.

"You killed my son!" Cassidy ran up again and Brielle hit her with a nasty left and Cassidy stumbled back. Brielle popped her in her mouth hearing a crack. At the given moment, Bri didn't care how old she was, you run up you get done up. By now her family had managed to make their way to the front trying to see what the commotion was. Cassidy tried run up on Bri again, which caused Dakari to push her behind him.

"What the fuck!? Why you here?

"Your daughter had somebody to kill Tylan."

"He dead? As he should be, but what makes you so sure she did it?"

"They delivered his head to my doorstep and they left a note, it said I know what you did to B, this is for her."

A look of confusion flashed across the Dakari's face, he looked at all three of his women with a questionable look. "I can assure you that my daughter didn't have nobody killed, so I'm going to need you to leave my house before I have you an arrested for trespassing, assault, and burglary."

Dakari walked to the front door with Bri still behind him and opened the door.

"I'm going to leave but trust I'll be back." Dakari slammed the door so hard it split, and pictures frames fell off the wall. He let out a breath and looked around the foyer.

"I'm going to go get a first aid kit for my baby and I need everybody in the living room. Because it's obviously something I don't know about." He turned around and walked towards the stairs.

"Aht aht, don't follow me Ash. You in trouble too."

All the women looked at each other and shuffled into the living room. Brielle sat down in the chair and let out a breath. She tried to flex her wrist and hissed. She shook her head and covered her face with her other arm. Dakari walked into the living and sat on the ottoman in front of Bri.

"Alaya." She shook her head and leaned up looking at him. He had a facial expression she could not read. He grabbed her hand and poured peroxide over her busted knuckles, he fanned it before putting some a&d ointment on it. He wrapped her hand up and stood up.

"So, who want to talk first?"

Kailani raised her hand. "Uh I made the call to get Tylan's head. It was for a good reason."

Brielle whipped her head around towards Kailani.

"I didn't ask you to do that!" Brielle jumped up making Kailani jump up too in defense mode.

"Are you crazy? HE HURT YOU! He hurt you Bri." By now all the women were crying. At this point Dakari knew they knew something he did not.

"Why you put a price on his head?"

Kailani look at Bri and Bri looked at her mama for her help being that she knew how her father was. "That's a question that needs to be answered by Bri."

"Dakari, I think you need to sit down for this." Ash stood up and push him into a chair sitting on his lap.

"Why y'all crying? I thought he only cheated. If somebody don't tell me what the fuck is going on."

Brielle looked at her daddy and shook her head. "Daddy... he raped me."

Dakari literally felt his heart break. "Get up Ash." She stayed still on his lap not knowing what to expect.

"Ash I said get the fuck up!" He stood up and threw her in the chair. He walked away and a slam followed causing all the women to jump.

sooo... brielle's father finally knows
and he doesn't look too happy.

I know this chapter is short but my mind went blank towards the end. I didn't wanna force anything by dragging it out.

 I didn't wanna force anything by dragging it out