seventy-five

Brielle A. Hayes

Dallas, Texas
2023

After leaving Houston a couple of weeks ago, it was go time. I hit the ground running and haven't stopped since. I had a wholeeee lot to do, and I knew I couldn't continue procrastinating. Cameron and I picked out the venue last year, so I can scratch that off my list. All I have to do now is food, cake, flowers, and decorations because my theme is a Winter Wonderland.

My mama is designing everybody's dresses, so I don't have to worry about finding anybody to meet my standards. I thought about hiring a planner, but I don't need anybody in my way. I'm definitely going to put my best-friend and his girlfriend to work though. My daddy gave me one of his black cards before I left to handle everything. He didn't give me a budget, but I'm going to try and not spend a whole lot because my main focus is the reception. I pretty much don't care about the wedding ceremony given that I'm already married. This is strictly for the family.

"Baby! You're going to be late picking up Tayla." I shook my head as I rushed to finish getting ready. I pulled my jeans up and buttoned them, pulling my belt through my loops.

Tayla was the recipient of the grocery shopping scholarship. It's been about four weeks since classes started, and I wanted to wait until she was situated before I took her shopping. I'm glad she's attending our alma mater though, because she's right here in Dallas, and that was good for both Cam and I. It might be days I won't be able to go, and he can go in my place. "Which child am I taking?"

"I don't know, whoever wants to go, might be both, depending on their moods." Cameron said as he walked out of our bedroom.

I shook my head and pulled my hair into a pony before pushing my diamond earrings into my ear. I slapped my Apple Watch on my wrist and sprayed some Prada Sugar Pop on me before snatching up my purse. I walked out of the room and peaked into the twin's room, seeing that it was empty. I made my way to the front and they were sitting on the floor watching TV with their blankies and binkies. Lord, I can't wait to break them from those thangs.

"Mama is about to go bye-bye." I said to get their attention and, baby, if they ain't spit those binkies out quick, and ran my way. I'm glad they were dressed because that would've slowed me down.

"I go!"

"Up!"

I shook my head, laughing, at Airy's request to leave, and reached down to pick up my sweet baby, Mari. I gave her some kisses and she laid her head on my shoulder, yawing. I'm going to kick Trey's ass. He be having my babies up.

"I told you."

I looked up and saw Cameron walking into the living room. He picked up Airy and I walked to the front door with him following.

I slid my feet into my Chaco Chillos and pulled my G-wagon keys from the hook, opening the door and walking out. I pouted because I wanted to drive my Hellcat. Yes, I beat my record! When we got back from Houston, she was waiting for me in the driveway. Baby, I bet you I ate that dick up once those babies went to sleep.

I unlocked the doors and pulled the back door open, placing Mari in her seat before buckling her up. I let Cameron handle Airy while I climbed in the front seat. I threw my purse into the passenger seat and pushed the start button. I rolled down my window as Cameron approached my side. He leaned in, kissing my lips before placing a kiss on my forehand. "We need to talk when you get back."

I arched my eyebrow. "About what? You divorcing me or some?"

"Girl, what?" He smacked his lips and popped me in the lip.