tweleve.

Omniscient

Houston, Texas
2020

"You have to give her time Lourdes." Kailani shook her head and slouched down into the couch. After Dakari stormed out of the house, everybody seemed to have went their separate ways around the house. Brielle went downstairs locking herself in her room, Keria was asleep somewhere while Ash and Kai were seated in the living room having a talk.

"But Ma, that's my sister and I don't like seeing her hurt. All I did was try to help and now she's mad at me."

"Oh baby." Ashley walked to the couch and sat down pulling Kai into her chest. Ashely shook her head because she knows Kai is profoundly affected by this. See Kailani is one to never show true emotion or express how she feels. She is not a affection person at all, so for Ashley to see her this distraught, it was a little shocking to say the least.

Ashley laid back into the couch and rubbed Kai's back in a soothing manner. The moment broke apart by the sound of Kai's ringing phone. Raising up from her mother's chest, she pulled her phone from the pocket of her hoodie and looked at the caller id shaking her head. 'malik 🦍💙' was stretched across the screen.

"Is that him?" Ashley questioned as she peered over her shoulder, which caused Kai to nod her head.

"Go ahead and answer. I'll leave you be." Ashley stood up as Kailani slid the answer bar over.

"Lolo, you okay? What's going on?"

"You remember what I asked you to do for me? Well, there's a problem."

"Huh? What you mean problem? How is there a problem when I haven't done it?"

Kailani drew her head back in confusion. What the fuck? "What are you talking about Lik? His mama came by our parents' house and said his head was literally delivered with a note attached."

Malik chuckled on the other end of the phone and shook his head as if Kai could see him. "A note? That ain't even my style mama and you know that. I don't do messy. You need to figure out what's going on."

Kai bit her lip and shook her head. It was some funny shit going on she thought.

"And plus, that's way too risky, why would I do it knowing y'all was about to go to home? Somebody else did the deed."

"Let me call you back Malik." She hung up jumping up from the couch screaming for Ashley. "Mama!"

"Upstairs!"

Kailani ran to the staircase and took two steps at a time. Finally making it to the top, she pushed opened the double doors to her parents' room and bent over with her hands on her knees, out of breath.

"Ma! It's some funny shi–stuff going on."

Ashley looked at her confused. "What are you talking about Lo?"

"Malik said he didn't do it. Somebody else had to do it. He told me that leaving a note is not his style and that it would've been too risky if he did it knowing we were coming home."

Ashley sat against her headboard rubbing her stomach deep in thought. "I'm about to call your daddy. Go pack yo bags and tell your sisters. Y'all need to head back to Dallas."

Kailani instantly started pouting. "What the fu–freak man. Second day here and we gotta leave already." She walked out of her parents and knocked on Keria's door pushing it open.

"Keria! Get up and pack your bags. We got to head back to the D."

Keria rose up from the bed fast wiping slob from her face. "Why? What's going on?"