forty-three

Cameron A. Hayes

Houston, Texas
2021

Brielle is definitely going to cuss me out once she wakes up. It's gonna be a minute before she does though, we ate and I laid dick before we took a nap. I didn't tell her I was leaving but hopefully the flowers I left distract her from the fact. But whew, another long week ahead of me. I've been going to Houston twice every month for the last six months. I really don't have to but being the perfectionist I am, I wanna make sure everything is right.

Some days I hold meetings and some days I be on the bulldozer, that's why baby packed my steel toe boots. This condominium building is gonna be huge for me and it's going to open up a lot of doors. Even though I got my mama last name tied to my company, I want my own legacy.

I was about twenty minutes from my hotel. Dakari and Ashley offered me a room at their house but I declined. I didn't want to impose. I still don't have a new assistant because I haven't picked one yet. Bri gave me a idea to do a paid internship for college students majoring in Architecture or Real Estate. They would be my assistant and intern. In order to apply you had to have a 2.8 gpa or higher, two letters of recommendation and a essay. I got over 100 applicants which I wasn't expecting, at all. When I go back home, I'm going to have Bri help me narrow my options down. Think I'm going choose two.

I pulled up to the Marriott and parked. I pulled my personal phone from the cup holder and saw I had messages from folks. I bypassed everybody and clicked on baby's.

alaya 💍:

thank you for the flowers baby 🥺 they're beautiful! I love you boy

6:35pm

glad you like them mamas
and I love you more girl 😘

I killed the engine and grabbed my keys, climbing out. I slid my phone in my pocket and shut the door. I popped the trunk and threw my bookbag across my back. I grabbed my garment bag and suitcase before closing the trunk. I threw my keys to the valet and walked into the lobby which was fairly busy for a Sunday evening. I walked up to the front desk.

"Hi Mr. Hayes! We've been expecting you. Your room is ready and your wife is already upstairs waiting for you."

Wife? Who the fuck playing games. I shook my head. "No, you must have me mixed up with someone else. I'm not married."

The receptionist frowned and staring typing on the keyboard. She looked back up. "Penthouse suite, Cameron and Brielle Hayes?"'

I frowned. What the fuck is really going on. "Can I have the keycard and call security please."

I left my bags and placed them on the side of the desk before sprinting towards the elevator. I tapped the button and stepped pressing twenty-five for the penthouse suite floor. I just wanna know who's posing as Bri, when I know for a fact she was in the bed when I left. I shook my head and stepped off once the elevator stopped. I took a left stuck the keycard in the door. Once it beeped, I pushed the knob down and pushed the door open. I heard the TV on and shook my head. I turned the corner a nearly jumped out of my skin.