twenty-seven.

Omniscient

Dallas, Texas
2020

It's been exactly a week and a half since the incident happened at Walmart. The boys lost their homecoming by a shy of five points. Kai came and took Bri's graduation picture. They did four scenes, with one being in front of the schools sign. She did at least three wardrobe changes. The first one was her in a all white pants suit, the second was school paraphernalia with all of her achievements that she received throughout her three years of being there and the last one she wore her scrubs and sat in front of the natural science building with all her books.

The photoshoot was fun and exciting for Bri because realization had finally set in. She's really graduating a semester and year early. Babygirl is about to be HBCU degreed.

It was a little after three—Cam and Jabari were on their way to pick up Bri's car from the shop. Jabari looked from the road and glanced at Cam.

"You think K'Mya back for real?"

Cam slouched into the seat and pulled at his hair biting his lip. "Who else could it be? I only have one more ex and she left the country our junior year of highschool. It has to be K'Mya, because you know me man. I have never been a cheater so we can go ahead and rule that out. Bri is the whole package, I don't need nobody else. It gotta be her ass man."

Jabari smiled and shook his head. He was happy for his bestfriend. It has been a long time since Cameron has smiled the way he does now. He was in a very dark place two years ago. "Yo love struck ass, but is sis okay?"

Cam smacked his lips and looked at Jabari. "She was too calm for my liking and honestly it scared me. The ones that be calm be the craziest."

"Shiddd. Them the ones you have to watch."

"Tell me about it. Make a left right here and the shop should be on the right."

Jabari turned left and pulled to Bust Bro's Auto Bodyshop. He parked and Cam grabbed his bookbag before stepping out. Jabari rolled the window down and leaned over the armrest.

"You good? You don't need me to stay?"

Cam shook his head leaned slapping hands with Bari. "Nah you good. Go ahead and go to work."

"Bet! Be safe Bro." Jabari tapped his horn twice and sped off. Cam shook his head and threw his bookbag across his back and walked inside the building. He looked around before walking towards the front desk.

"Hi, I'm here for a pick up."

The receptionist looked up. "Name, ID and slip please."

"Cameron Hayes." Cameron reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet grabbing his ID along with the yellow slip. He slid the items over and waited.

"2019 Dodge Charger SRT-Hellcat, license plate 3216B?"

Cameron nodded his head. "Yes ma'am."

Standing, the receptionist slid his items back over and grabbed her walkie talkie. "You can have a seat in the waiting area. I'll be right back with your keys."

Cameron slid his ID back in his wallet and took a seat in the waiting area. He pulled his phone out and texted Bri.

have you ate?
3:35pm