Writer Update(2021) + Extras

Well, lookie here. Yet another update on me and my progress...progress of not uploading. Strap in though, because we are in for a doozy of an update.

Hope you've all been doing well. It's been a crazy year for me, and a really busy one at that with how much work I've been putting in across multiple jobs which has been the main reason for my absence and overworking myself has left me exhausted and no muse to wrap up the finishing touches on a lot of these chapters. A lot of the chapters that are do were meant to be out in 2019, and as we're slowly creeping up to 2022 it'll be a 3 year delay from the original schedule, and for that I apologize.

I am BAFFLED so many of you continue to support me. Some of you are still sending me words of encouragement, re-reading chapters, and just talking with me through comments. I cannot express my gratitude with words alone. I am so overwhelmed by all your support, and I truly wish I could get these chapters out of stasis so I can finally be a good writer and scratch that itch I'm sure a lot of you have, but because of my needlessly complicated life at the moment it'll still take some time for me to get right mentally before I can deliver. 

I want to say, because of all these delays this has probably become the longest running Skullgirls fanfiction to date. I find that hilariously unprofessional.

A bit of news then; I do feel another big contributor to my lack of muse was my ability to bite off more than I could chew. I ended up making so many chapters at once that I tried multitasking ALL of them around the same time and when I started realizing I was writing like 6-7 chapters all at once, with the number increasing as I kept getting new ideas, I just had a mental block and shut down. This was much earlier on, before I got all these jobs, that's when all my free time went out the window.

To remedy the issue I scrapped a few chapters, so now we only have 4 planned for release instead of having 6-7+ and I wanted to just lay them out so you're all in the know.

Wulfamania: The Wulf, the Fool and the Starchild: An immediate continuation of the last chapter that sees the Player teaming up with Beowulf to bring back all the hype for Wulfamania. Those who followed the game know this is around the time Annie makes her debut, this will also serve as her debut chapter.

A Game of Chess: A chapter that'll be going beyond Canopy's borders and focusing on a new OC in the Chess Kingdom. We've never seen or heard any real information on the Chess Kingdom from the developers themselves, but I wanted to use that as an opportunity to develop a character that would fit the mage/witch archetype in anime fighting game. I actually reached out to the creative mind behind Skullgirls, Alex Ahad, to see if I could commission him for concept art of the OC, but the line is long. I may be waiting a while. This chapter also serves as a prequel chapter to the chapter we'll be touching on next. 

Birthday Blowout: Following up from the chapter above, this one focuses on the Player, Filia and Squigly crossing paths with the OC foreigner and seeing how they interact coming from two separate cultures. The title of the chapter also alludes to Filia who turns 17 and is having a not so good birthday.

Nexus Special: The big meaty one, and honestly the chapter(s) I want to work on the most. As I once mentioned this is a crossover chapter inspired by the hype I had for BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle when it dropped in 2018, matter of fact I started writing the Nexus Special on November 18th, 2018, 6 months after BlazeBlue dropped. The guest list is still the same: Spider-Gwen, RWBY and Kill la Kill. Those unfamiliar with either of the series won't have anything to worry about since I'm writing the chapter in a way that makes it really simple for anybody to be able to get the basic gist of who the characters are, Spider-Gwen is particular the easiest to write for since she comes from a place where anyone can have their own spin on the character's origin and universe. There's a 3D render by Yuditya Afandi that serves as the design I envision her to have to differentiate the character: it's a blend of her design from Into the Spider-Verse and influences from Peter's suit from Insomniacs Spider-Man on the PS4.