Sidetracked Chapter 8: The Truth

Poorman Apartments
March 6th, 3:45pm

The Player stood at the kitchen counter writing a grocery list on a small notepad.

Filia was standing at the kitchen entrance eating a small cup of ice cream and helping fill the list with suggestions.

Squigly was in the front room doing yoga with Leviathan.

"Okay, so this is what I got so far: water, soda, chips, ramen, pizza, nuggets, tenders, fries, juice, bananas, oranges-"

"Booze. Where's the booze on that list?" Samson asked.

"They don't sell alcohol at the grocery store, fool."

"Well, you better make two trips then. Get me a case of booze."

"I can't carry all that stuff. I'm only getting the essentials."

Samson inclined back as far as he could on Filia's head to groan as hard as possible. "You SUCK!"

"Kiss my ass. Once I get a car we'll be able to pick up more stuff." The Player rips the paper out of the notepad and walks by. "If this Wulfamania thing goes the way it's supposed to I'll be able to get a car for bigger shopping trips."

"You've been here for months and still don't have a car. Filia, why do you bother with this chump?"

"Stop being rude, Samson." Filia's expression indicated she genuinely wasn't pleased with Samson's comment.

"What? I'm just saying." Samson shrugged.

"He works hard for all of us. Paying rent, buying groceries, it's not easy."

"Maybe if he let us help we would be a much better unit."

The Player sighs and turned back to Samson. "I'm still thinking of a way around this little loop hole we're in, okay? I have to figure out what we're gonna do about Marie. Poor girl needs a home after we destroyed the cathedral."

"We? I blame you for that." Samson casually responds, he shapeshifts one of his tendrils into a hand so he could use his pinky to dig into his ear...if he had one. "Not our fault you gave us all that power."

"It was my first time!" The Player argued.

"...Mine too. Glad it was with you." Filia playfully muttered.

"What?"

"Huh?" Filia looks at him, just barely conveying confusion while trying to feign ignorance.

Samson caught onto Filia's entendre and gives a hard neutral glare into space. "Filia, don't make me find another host." He threatens out of fear.

"It was a joke! Relax." She chuckled mischievously.

"What was a joke?" The Player was genuinely lost since he didn't hear her.

"Nothing. It was really nothing. I promise." Filia assured, shaking her head to dismiss the Player's curiosity.

The Player narrowed his gaze at her and she just smiles back at him affectionately, she knew he hated not knowing.

After that exchange, the Player goes to the front room, looking down to the note. "Yo, Sienna. You still want those burger patties, or should I just grab-" He briefly looks up and sees Squigly in the middle of one of her stretches

 You still want those burger patties, or should I just grab-" He briefly looks up and sees Squigly in the middle of one of her stretches