Chapter 14: The Wulf, the Fool, and the Star Child Pt. 1

NMO ARENA, Wrestling Stadium
March 30th, 3:33pm

The Player and Beowulf sat together in the ring reading over their notes for the 1st day of Wulfamania that was scheduled tomorrow.

"So when I come out I'll throw a chair into the ring and say my catchphrase: 'If you smell what the Breca is cookin'?! I think the fans will really like that." The Player looks to Beowulf for his input, one leg cross the other and a hot drink in hand.

"As long as you're not throwing Hurting, we're good." Beowulf clarified while sitting on Hurting.

"You really love that chair. What's the backstory on that?"

"It's a long and emotional story. Y'see, it all began-"

Zane, overhearing the two while sitting at the announcer table, was on his last leg of tolerance for these two and their nonsense.

He was still bitter that the Player was involved with his plans for Wulfamania's big return, so the last thing he wanted to hear was an hour long story on Beowulf's infatuation with a chair.

"Beowulf, babe!" Zane interjects before Beowulf could even begin, standing up and approaching the ring. "As much as I love that story, I think we should discuss more pressing matters."

"Hm? What do you mean, bro?" Beowulf asked.

"It's the talent, big guy. Or rather, a lack of it. I haven't been able to find anyone willing to step into the ring with you."

"You serious?!"

"Yeah. I guess everybody got cold feet."

"What about everyone we used to work with? Rad Rolf, Skull Crusher, Human Spider, Bone Saw?"

"They never returned any of my calls. My guess is they don't want to be anywhere near New Meridian after that whole Skullgirl fiasco against the Medicis."

Beowulf smacks his teeth and gently hammers his fist onto his lap. "What's with people nowadays? We've had Skullgirls before and everyone still came out to see Wulfamania. Why would this be any different?" He slaps his notepad on the mat and crossed his arms.

"Soooo, basically, I'm still out of a job." The Player said, looking as though he wasn't surprised to hear the bad news.

"Looks that way." Zane replied with a pleased smirk neither the Player nor Beowulf noticed.

"No. I'm not giving up on Wulfamania that easy." Beowulf declared with an iron resolve. "There's gotta be something we can do. Who can we get to come on board?"

Beowulf closed his eyes and thought hard, but every person that came to mind either retired or moved on to greater pastures.

It really felt like they hit a wall, that is until the Player thought of an idea.

"Wait. I think... I think I know someone who can help." The Player spoke up and got their attention.

"You do?" Beowulf asked.

"Yeah. She's a fighter with a lot of experience. She works as a performer at the circus and does her own stunts. On top of that she knows everything there is to know about wrestling, in fact she taught me some moves. She'd be perfect."

"That sounds great! What's her name?"

"Cere-"

A loud metal bang suddenly went off and startled the three men as it echoed through the empty stadium.

They look in the direction of the noise and see a human woman imprinted in the metal wall. The imprint kept growing and grinding until Cerebella physically bursts through with a look of rabid excitement.