Writer Update (2022)

Hey, gang. Hope you're all doing well. I wanted to make another writer update when I found myself kinda stuck midway through this new chapter. It's not that I have writer's block, I have a ton of ideas and chapters mapped out, but I feel like I wrote myself into a hole being overly ambitious again on top of having an ongoing issue where I'm not happy with my writing which puts me in a rut.

I never know how long these problems last, so rather than disappearing unannounced for a few months to a few years I'm writing this just as a heads up, I may come out of this sooner rather than later, who knows? Maybe all I need is for Umbrella to release on console to find motivation and muse, but if not then at least you're all in the know ahead of time.

I usually post previews with these things if I have something to show for it, aaaaaand I have something to show for it, so let me give you the road map. If you prefer to go in blind then it's probably best you avoid this.

...

 In the Works

Chapter 17: New Beginnings
This is the next major chapter I was already in the middle of writing before my personal problems surfaced. This chapter is a Valentine focused chapter and we'll be diving more into her character after the battle with Double and the destruction of the Grand Cathedral earlier in the story's run, capitalizing off of her last meeting with the Player in chapter 16.

Preview:
"Okay. This should be it." The Player stood in front of the house to make sure everything was aligned with what he had on the paper.

He walks up the stairs to press the doorbell only to find a small paper labeled 'Pick Me' over the buzzer. He peels off the paper and inspects it, turning it over to find 'Unlocked' written on the back. He was initially confused and thought of just ringing the bell anyway, for the sake of not being rude, but he reaches his hand for the doorknob and gives it a gentle turn to test the waters, and when he does he found it was unlocked.

"Hello?" He hesitantly called out to the small crack in the doorway he left open. "Anyone in there?"

"Come in!" Valentine called out as she casually walked down the stairs and entered the living room.

She appeared as a blurry silhouette through the stained glass window the Player was looking through, so he couldn't see her, however he heard her and it was definitely Valentine.

"Okay, okay, okay." He takes a deep breath and walks in.

Once inside he closed the door and found a cozy modern interior, nice and homey. Nothing sinister or anything at all like he pictured.

He closed the door but didn't lock it, just in case he needed a quick getaway. "I didn't mean to just come in. I-"

Valentine chuckled from the room, still out of his sight. "I left a note for you to follow and you did. What do you mean you didn't mean to?"

"I guess I'm not used to just walking into someone's home." He continued standing at the door, checking his surroundings where he saw her shoes neatly lined up on a shoe rack. He took off his shoes and sets them to the side.

"The doorbell is broke anyway. You're fine."

"Knocking is a pretty nice alternative." The Player said to himself. "Anyway, I'm here soooo, we gonna talk?"

Valentine peaks her head from the living room arch and sees him awkwardly standing at the entrance like a paranoid stiff, she nearly laughed seeing him so on edge. "Are you going to come in to allow that?" She answered his question with another question.