Sidetracked Chapter 10: Wulfamania 101

Cerebella's House
March 9th, 2:45PM

"Player, will you hurry it up! You been in there for too long!" Cerebella calls out from downstairs while the Player was changing in the bathroom.

"Dude, you brought all this unnecessary gear, it's taking forever to get it all on!" The Player's muffled shouting could be heard from upstairs.

"Don't make me come up there and put it on myself!"

"You aren't gonna put anything on! I'm almost done!"

"Well hurry up!" Cerebella sighs impatiently and goes back to the kitchen where Filia was sitting at the table. "He sure knows how to keep a girl waiting."

"Tell me about it." Filia chuckled.

"You know you can help yourself to whatever's in the fridge, Filia. Want something to drink?"

"Oh, no. That's okay. Thank you. I don't want to impose."

"Pfft, screw that." Samson spoke for himself and grew out his arms and legs, in his bipedal form he pushes back the chair and stands up, going to the fridge in search of snacks. "Got any booze?"

"Samson!" Filia tried resisting Samson's ability to drag her along to no avail. "I'm sorry, Cerebella."

Cerebella scoffs and crossed her arms. "Stop apologizing. Seriously, it's cool. Help yourselves. No beer, Samson. Just water, juice and soda."

"Lame." That didn't stop him from rummaging to see what else would catch his eye.

"I'm still shocked the Player is going to be working with...THE Beowulf." Cerebella says in disbelief, but nevertheless pleasantly surprised. "How did he even manage that?"

"He just went in for the audition and got the job." Filia answered.

"I understand that, but he got chosen! Out of the thousands of people who were there!"

"Actually, he said nobody showed up."

"Makes sense. That Wulfamania crap is old news. It's all about Vixenmania." Samson smirks, grabbing a can of soda.

"Vixenmania?" Filia asked.

Cerebella's face twists in disgust at the name. "He's talking about that garbage female wrestling show. It's so fake and corny."

"And Wulfamania is any better? With all that mama drama nonsense?" Samson argues.

"It's so much better, and it's the original. Man, I bet Beowulf hasn't lost an ounce of that form." Cerebella's eyes sparkle as she fantasized about Beowulf's modern appearance. "I can't wait to see him back in action, in those tights with that tight little-"

"I'm here." The Player walks into the kitchen dressed in the costume Cerebella brought for him, getting everyone's attention.

The new costume was far more fitting than the previous, he had a wolf headdress that extended down to his back which helped keep his bare torso from being fully exposed save for the one-sided fur mantle that covered his left shoulder. He had a pelt draped around his waist tied with a red sash and Black pants underneath tucked into a pair of knee chaps. Other details included arm guards, fingerless gloves and an eagle feather accessory pinned onto the wolf headdress.

Cerebella was impressed with his new look and grins at her work. "Heeeey, there he is. Lookin' good!" She pointed finger guns at him.

"It's a bit much, isn't it?" The Player held out his arms looking unsure of the costume.

"Nah. You're good." Cerebella assures with a thumbs up.

"I think it looks cool." Filia agreed with a chuckle.