Sidetracked Chapter 11: Preserving Bonds

Poorman Apartments
8:30am

The warm shine of the morning sun beams through the bedroom window and shimmers on the bed. While Filia was still asleep, sleeping on her front and hugging her pillow, Samson was indulging in a new issue of 'Canopy Gone Wild,' flipping through the pages and admiring the content inside.

"...Wow. That position looks intense. Damn, what would it be like plowing a Gigan babe?" Samson asked himself softly while finding particular interest near the magazine's center. "Add that to the bucket list."

As he continued, Filia adjusts her body to a more comfortable position -- her drooling mouth stuck in a smile. "...Hnnnnn. Heh." She lightly chuckled, now adjusting her body again so that her leg inclines a bit. "Nnnnnghhhh... Soft... Li...ke... it?"

Samson rolled his eyes knowing Filia was having a dream and kept his focus on the 18+ content.

Filia's loopy smile widens and her hold on the pillow tightens. "...Can't... eat... an...oth...er... bite..." Her mouth wiggles about as though she were eating.

"Dreaming about food? And everyone calls me the glutton. Hmm. Now that I think of it, I could use some breakfast. Meaning it's time to get up." Samson tossed the magazine off to the side and brushes his tendril against Filia's nose. "Wakey, wakey. Time to get up."

Filia's face scrunches up from the tickle sensation and subconsciously swats at Samson's tendril, but Samson continued to provoke with a restless nose brushes.

"Hnnn!" Filia rolled over on her front and dunked her face into the mattress to keep the tickle from disturbing her.

Samson morphed his tendril into a hand and gently pinches Filia's side, grabbing a good chunk of her right love handle.

"Unhand my blubber!" Filia awakens with a flinch.

"There she is. Up, up, up. It's morning."

"...So? It's not like I have classes to attend or a job." Filia slightly lifts her head and reveals her sleepy eyes.

"But you do have a hungry Parasite."

Filia groans and drops her face back into the mattress.

Samson turns his other tendril into a hand and grabs both ends of Filia's chunky side. "Feed me!" Samson commands with a mischievous smirk.

Filia flinches out of her position, trying to resist laughing from the curse of being ticklish. "S-Stooop!" Her grinning face was brighter than the gleaming sun -- wrestling her way out of Samson's cheeky bind. "Okay! Okay! Heh, you win." She now sat on the side of the bed and pulled her night shirt down.

"Good." Samson reverts his tendrils back to normal with a satisfied smile. "Now let's eat!"

"First thing's first."

Filia got out of bed and walks to the bathroom for the usual morning routine: brushing her teeth, washing her face, and forcing Samson to brush as well. Once they were done in the bathroom Filia returns to the bedroom to get dressed before finally making her way downstairs.

Just as Filia enters the front room -- POP! Surprising her, party poppers pop off shooting confetti and streamers.

Awaiting her, the Player, Squigly, and Leviathan pop a few more poppers before giving a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to the birthday girl, the calendar was marked March 18th for Filia's 17th birthday.

A birthday banner was hung up on the wall, decorative plates and napkins on the front room table, a few birthday balloons being anchored by red foil weights