Sidetracked Chapter 2: Roomates

Year 1: October 18th
Apt 309, Poorman Apartments

The Player, Filia and Squigly sat together around the glass table in the front room in complete silence, each eyeing the other carefully as if readying for a duel; Squigly shifts her eyes over to the Player, the Player shifts his eyes over to Filia and Filia stares directly at Squigly.

Not a word was said, but within the span of three seconds they all throw their right arms forward, each drawing the hand signs of rock, paper and scissors.

Squigly draws paper

The Player draws scissors

Filia draws rock

The Player's scissors beat Squigly's paper and Filia's rock beat the Player's scissors, making her the victor of the first round. They withdraw their hands and all countdown from 3, drawing another hand once they made it to 1.

Squigly draws rock

The Player draws rock

Filia draws scissors

The two rocks beat Filia's scissors and earn a point for themselves, bringing the game to a draw of one point each for the duelers. They pull their hands back and draw again, counting down from 3.

Squigly draws scissors

The Player draws paper

Filia draws rock

Scissors cut paper and rock beats scissors, Filia once again takes the lead 2v1. The Player wipes the sweat from his forehead and Squigly gulps loudly...perhaps they were taking the game too seriously. It was time for another countdown: Three... Two... One... Shoot!

Squigly draws paper

The Player draws rock

Filia draws paper.

Paper beats rock, the two girls eliminated the Player.

"Damn it!" The Player hammers his fist down into the couch's leather seat. "They need to buff rock."

"Shut up and take your loss like a man." Samson mocks him with a delighted smile now that he lost. "C'mon, Filia. Bring it home!"

"Remember, Squigly, it's all in good fun. Win or lose you're always a winner." Leviathan, unlike Samson, spoke calmly to his host, he wasn't one for expressing an overly competitive nature, especially over a simple game like rock, paper, scissors.

It was now down to the ladies - Filia vs Squigly, winner gets the gold. Filia cracks her fingers lightly by flexing them. Squigly nudges her mouth to the side as a single drop of sweat descends down the side of her face. A steady heart beat can be heard as the two girls stare one another down, the moment was so intense that one could swear the Duel Whistle sound effect from the Wild West was going off somewhere in the background, but they were too engaged in the stare down to see if that was reality or not. At this point, yeah, it was getting overdramatic.

Three... Two... One... SHOOT!

Squigly draws rock

Filia draws scissors

Seeing the outcome of their draws made Filia grab her hair, Samson, while she groans in defeat. "Noooooo!"

Squigly jumps for joy. "Yes! I did it!"

"Excellent! That was a perfect draw!" Leviathan gleefully praised his host despite being calm just seconds prior. He was just as excited as she was, meaning that collected posture was just a ruse.

While those two were celebrating Samson was pulling on Filia's face, whether it was an act of revenge for how she was pulling on his face or just the usual way he punished her for messing something up, it didn't really matter, it was Samson being Samson. "You had one job, kid." He bitterly states.