Chapter 18.5: Thread of Will

Distorted World
Time Immoral

"Has mother ever told you about Soul Reconstruction?" Venus asked Aeon while she was in the middle of a match; Filia and Squigly vs Eliza.

"I've heard her mention it before. Regretful to say I wasn't really paying too much attention. That was eons ago."

"I see."

"Why do you ask?"

"The Player has conceived it a bit early in this timeline."

"Oh?" Aeon continued motioning the analog around and tapping buttons for inputs.

"Nancy Renoir was able to make contact through her daughters bond with him and ever since he's been trying to reach her. He traced the connection back to her and reunited recently in their time."

"...Interesting." Pap! Pap! Pap! Aeon slapped the arcade stick buttons faster.

"Aside from the timeline where it was originally constructed,"

"...This is the only other instance he's brought it up."

"Come on! I blocked low!" Aeon groaned.

"And now he plans on using it to reconstruct Nancy first in some way. He hasn't hit that emotional peak as he did with the original. I doubt it'll be as powerful. This timeline is like a wild card in our hand."

"Originally, who was the original he reconstructed?" Aeon asked while continuing to play.

Before Venus could answer-

Boom! The Nexus gate detonates and a beam of light crashes into the ground before fizzling out to reveal Naya'il jumping up from a crouching stance retracting her wings into nothing and removing her halo with a circular motion from her index finger. Her landing was less graceful than her sisters.

Now that the final angel arrived Aeon paused the game to a "Just a moment!" audio cue. The celestial sisters stand and approach Naya'il.

"Oh, man! That was such a wild trip!" She was brimming with positive energy.